Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Maybe I'm just a goth at heart

I find it interesting that designers decided to revive a subculture born in the 80s and turn it mainstream. Maybe it's the latest hype around all the vampire movies that are showing these days. Or maybe it's what some of us have been saying for years now, that it's simply an interesting and utterly inspiring style that deserves its time in the spotlight.

So let's take a look at some of the gothic inspired looks that were just on the Parisian runways for Fall.

Kori Richardson for Ann Demeulemeester

 
Yulia Leontieva for Comme des Garçons

 
Karmen Pedaru for Givenchy

 
Asia Bugajska for Rick Owens


3 comments:

Insomnia said...

Gothic style has always been on the catwalk. And, boy, ain't I happy about it!
I especially love the Ann D. look here.

Ioana Liliana said...

True true. It just seemed to be more of it lately.. Yes! I love her entire collection too!

elle said...

I love Ann Demuelmeester too....
BTW do you usually go to Raionul 4 around here ?
It's my fav store in Bucharest . you look like you could appreciate their impeccable designer choice :)

Post a Comment