Among all the paper goodies that I received or bought on my birthday there was a small, but very noteworthy one, Tata + Tata, a new Romanian zine. As Carola asked to let you know how the magazines are, and as I find this one particularly intriguing, I am going to start with it. I had my eye on this little zine from their first issue, Cook Book for the Modern Man, yet I only managed to get my hands the latest issue, All About Queer Living. And once I did, I was not able to put it down. Contrary to what you might think from the titles of these two issues, the zine is not only gay-oriented. Up till now they have had an issue on Other Sports for the Modern Woman and also one on Rokolectiv. It is a zine that debates the issue of gender separation, sexuality, and ultimately life. The well-written texts, which switch from Romanian to English, have such a natural flow that reading them is sheer pleasure. The design compensates for the provocative text, as the rather traditional layout is balanced and consistent through-out the magazine. A vertical two grid design is well-chosen for the small size of the publication and the space is used to it's maximum with the help of small margins. It is clear that the zine has a lot to say, as it should, since the space allocated for text is larger that the one for photos.
It can be read online, yet I always believe that the experience of actually holding a magazine and flipping through the pages always enhances the experience of reading it. So if you can I recommend you get a copy of it. And do it while you still can because as you know zine's are rather difficult to find, and especially good ones. I got mine at Omnivore's Dilemma.
It seems that the issue of gender separation is coming more into focus lately. For example, at the fair from this past weekend, I discovered a new brand whose name tag says: MADE BY FE[MALE]. I did buy a blouse and a dress from them, which I do really like and which you will see soon, yet what I found very interesting and inspiring was the branding, with its reference to the male and female fusion. I'm going to soon make the time to write down something regarding my views on gender and sexuality, and how it is perceived in and by society. But until then, I leave you with the results of a recent photo shoot done in one of the most beautiful parks in Bucharest, Herastrau.
As an illustration of the aformentioned fusion, I chose to mix the masculinity of leather, represented by the jacket, bag and shoes, with the femininity of an above the knee silk skirt.
So I paired the Rag & Bone skirt with a Stefanel blouse and a no-name fake-leather jacket. The shoes are also Stefanel, while the black leather bag is Marc by Marc Jacobs. Speaking of, I've recently re-became a lacto-ovo vegetarian, and I'm still debating the use of leather goods. Any thoughts?
All photos by Helga Fodorean, whose fashionable style you can see bellow :)
P.S.
As some of you have asked me, I've just started a Page on Facebook on which you can find various visual inspiration for the posts, fashion finds, and everything else that doesn't make the blog.










18 comments:
oh, come on, lacto-ovo-vegetarian? you just deny the merits of good gastronomy...or better said of all domains of good gastronomy. pozele o sa le vad knd ajung acasa....pt ca nu se incarca la servici,...e funny,...mai intai citesc textul,...apoi supriza d acasa: pozele. pup
Love the outfit, I'm a sucker for leather jackets, I have lots of them - almost all are fake leather - and I'm not going to be a hypocrit and say it's becuse of my morals - it's just the fact that they look better than real leather and are also cheaper. Also I could never enjoy life fully without meat - as barbarian as this might sound. :)
Love the environment. And Stefanel and Marc Jacobs are equal to pure love. Don't have a clue what lacto-ovo vegetarian means though. Have to do my homework on that one. But I am to weak for the Parisian gastronomy to be anything else than what I am right now.
This is my favorite outfit of you so far! Maybe its the way it was shot. it really is beautifully captured! I realize u have lots of things from Stefanel! I never went into that store when i go in Romania. I remember when I was young and lived there my mom used to buy me kiddi clothes from there but once I grew up I didnt continue shopping there myself. But u seem to find lots of amazing pieces so maybe I should take a look next time. As to the leather goods? This is the one thing I am still debating. actually no I still debate if i should wear faux fur because frankly its promotes the real thing. But with leather i see it as a by-product of the meat industry.U know i am all for animal rights. But here i don't know if it applies. U know its the circle of life. The jacket though looks really good. I would have never thought that it was fake. I just got the brown and red one but now I think its pretty hard to wear with the majority of my clothes. I have been contemplating getting a black one in the summer seasons.(for the seasonal discount obviously :))
xoxo
mina
Cute outfit! I really love that soft skirt with rock leather jacket. :D
♥
Since I just decided to cancel my usual subscriptions of Harpers and Co and rather go for more interesting 'zines' when I've got the time and they come to me your tips are perfect.
Beautiful outfit and pictures... there is something so very sensual about your looks that you would still look 100% female in an old builder's outfit.
Lacto-vegetarian? Mmmh, I've been through no meat, no lacto, all macrobiotic... Now I'm just a happy organic carnivore wearing leather. too. xx
I love your hair colour, your outfit and these pictures in general :)
The pictures turn out great!!! Love the diffuse light! Your hair is sooo gorgeous! Cool outfit too!
http://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/
love the pictures and their nature flavor :)
cool images! <3
check out my giveaway!
yellowscarff.blogspot.com
Just discovered your blog...love your photos, and that fab red hair!
I find the light that is beautiful in these photos, I really like the look and especially the shoes. Great post!
you look so amazing, I LOVE your hair!
Do now follow :)
Have a look at our blog if you like
-Trine
www.loosebraids.blogspot.com
Your hair looks amazing on green, but you already know that! I absolutely love love love your skirt!
Sara
http://theredcurry.wordpress.com
@Ingrid: sorry to hear about the photos, I'll make them smaller so they can load faster. As you're not the first to complain about that, I just didn't realise
@Alice: true that, the fake ones DO usually look fake, but I admit this really was a good find.
@Ferferi: I'm so glad I found another Stefanel supporter :)
@Mina: Next trip you do in Romania, we go to Stefanel! At first you might have the impression that there's nothing for you there, but after spending some time there I really grows on you. And regarding fur, to be quite honest if I'm deciding to wear leather, I'll wear fur as well, I see it as besically the same thing. And thins coming from someone who's see all the PETA videos.
@Sabine: Thank you and I'm happy you reached a conclusion on your food habits, I'm still searching. Regarding the zines, I have much more to show you :) Did you check this one online? I'll gladly send you a copy if you want to.
Thank you so much everyone else! Yes red on green always rocks, I know *blushing*
amazing scenary.. your hair is so vibrant.. love it!
stop by our fashion blog, we are having a designer glasses give away! we hope you love it!
xx .sabo skirt.
wwww.saboskirt.blogspot.com
wwww.saboskirt.blogspot.com
wwww.saboskirt.blogspot.com
Ioana, cred ca la mine d din cauza serviciului,...ca blocheaza aia d la IT anumite chestii. d acasa pot sa le vad, si n-am cea mai mare viteza, ca am net p stick.
I love your outfit! You have style, girl!!!
Post a Comment