Faux Leopard Coat & Black Jersey Dress from Victoria's Secret
Headband made from Mango yellow scarf & Vintage black scarf
Accessories tights, Fred de la Bretoniere suede shoes
Barefoot in Barcelona by OPI nail polish
I've been battling with my animal instinct against leopard prints for a long time, but it seems that I'm ready to call it a truce. It has always been my strong belief that an outfit containing any leopard item can easily become tacky. On top of that, I'm not a big fan either of real fur (if I can avoid being the cause of pain, why shouldn't I?), or of fake one (it can easily look cheap). Yet it seems that the quality of fake furs has greatly improved since the last time I looked into it. (btw have you noticed how we're calling it faux now, instead of fake? Just so fake can have a negative connotation all the way, talk about political correctness . . ) And also that the runways are full of leopard outfits. And that they look better than good. They're quite phenomenal!
So I gave it a shot with the leopard coat that I just order from the Victoria's Secret website (if you look hard enough you can find a some really nice stuff) and I have to say it's just terrific! The coat's easy to wear, comfy and soft, what more could one ask for, at least in that price range. I also wore the new suede shoes that I got in Amsterdam and which are just heavenly made and a dream to wear. While we were shooting these my dog Blacky came to keep me company as if to show her approval for the faux coat. It seems that the leopard is here to stay!















19 comments:
you are KILLING me with these!!! and the coat is fabulous!!
or maybe because faux fur sounds better than fake fur, marketing stuff:-??
about the shoes, I found them on polyvore a couple of weeks ago when I wanted to do an article on galaxy print items. I can't find them now, I don't why... there were sneakers though..
maybe I save them in my comp, let me search a bit:)
You look phenomenal. I also have a bad case of animal print and just stoped being in denial about it (I was in denial cause of the same reasons as you). I love the shoes!:)))I plan to meet nookie tomorrow! Wanna come? (I miss you):)
Your photos are always so wonderful, dreaming and inspiring. Do you take them yourself???.
You look fabulous in leopard, but I suppouse that you could pull off anything. I still think that that there is a very close line, easily crossed,for animal print to get tacky.
I do not wear real fur, and I look enormous in faux one anyway, plus the temperature in the South of Spain is never too cold, so no animal furs for me.
You are wonderful, and so are your posts.
Un abrazo form sapain
omg! you look incredible. i'm in love with your pics, the third one is my favourite. I don't usually like animal print, but it looks great on you. I love animals so much, so I'm glad you're wearing faux fur. I hate clothes made from real fur.
Great buy and wonderful pictures, and I was amazed at the amount of leopard print at LFW - it's bigger than ever (faux that is)!
First of all, I love it that you post so often.
Glad that you've come to terms with animal print. When I wear it, I always get strange looks and/or comments from people. But I don't care anymore.
Your coat is an amazing choice. I was looking for a perfect one (though I'm not sure I'd be allowed to wear it :P). And that cute little hairdo of yours <3 (must try).
And yes: faux fur, faux leather, faux pearls fauxhawk. I guess it just sounds better in French. :P.
S.
I agree with you, darling I. Few years ago I wasn't huge fan of animal print, but my taste have had changed for now. I don't overdo this print, but I am use a bit of glamourous animal print; example little spotted of leopard print on leather bag (by Russel & Bromley); silk leopard pleated skirt (by MaxMara), vintage bustier and so on.
You look so divine btw. Gorgeous pictures above.
♥
Amazing pictures! And I love your hair. 3rd picture is so inspiring, I'd just frame it and put on the wall)
I guess I'm just the same as everyone who said they used to hate animal print but are in process of chenging their mind!
love the pictures, the outfit everything..AMAZING
xoxo sere
I really need to invest in a leopard coat this season. It's just so easy.
Well, I am not a fan of animal prints, but I like to watch editorials and such. I love the attitude in these photos and the hair-band made of scars, original! :D
I meant to say "scarfs", sorry :D
I have a similar leopard coat! I love it with the lace tights!
Just discovered your blog through IFB and I love it! This couldn't be better timing, because I just inherited a Somali leopard coat from my grandma from the '30s! It's amazing, but I just haven't had the courage to wear it out yet because 1) it's just so bold and 2)if anyone knew it was real, I'm sure I'd have paint thrown at me.
xo Marissa
(The Well-Appointed Catwalk)
Very romantic. I love your new coat. Wear it often!
love leopard print coat!! and great shoot, who ever took your pictures did an amazing job!
http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com
I want that coat!!!
Are you interested in following each others site?
xoxo
Love to see your animal instincts unleashed, sweetie! You look gorgeous! Love the hairdo!
http://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/
As you probably already know, I am a leopard print addict, I need rehab, seriously! ^^
The coat looks divine, I like how you styled it with a retro touch, it stays stylish this way + the combination with the lace tights can't go unnoticed too!
Post a Comment