Sunday, September 26, 2010

The way the sun plays in your hair













American Apparel adapted Skirt/Dress, Stefanel wool Shrug,
Fred de la Bretoniere Shoes, Louis Vuitton Bag
Topshop steam punk watch Necklace, 
Vintage wide Belt, No name Tights

I've always loved the light effects made by the sun. Especially that yellow light that you sometimes see that just surrounds everything in a warm embrace. Well, yesterday the sun was wonderful, for it kept going in and out of the clouds creating such interesting light shades. I still think it's amazing to see how the same thing can look so different and even change colors depending whether the sun hits it directly or not.

For lack of other inspiration, I converted my AA skirt into a dress and belted it (is that even a word? note to self to look it up) with the wide double buckle belt that I found at my favourite vintage store in Monaco (Le Dressing on Rue des Oranges). The neckalce watch, which is from my latest Topshop buy, I turned backwards for a more steampunk look (or 'Benjamin Button' reminiscent, as Denisa called it) and let the mechanism show.

So to the fair we went. We didn't stay long, yet it it was very fun, even if a bit crowded and hot inside. Still the quality of vintage items on sale is greatly improving from fair to fair (the jewelry was amazing!) so it was definitely worth going. Now I think I'm off to the second part of the fair (on Sunday it's different people, different stuff), and will fill you in on my vintage finds from over the weekened, as soon as possible!


28 comments:

Denisa L said...

aww, I'm going again today too... I really need to find "the" scarf... I so loved your outfit, and silly me didn't take a photo for the street chic...

mispapelicos said...

Beautiful dream like photos, great photographer. Is that your natural colour hair?????. Wonderful!!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Anna said...

I love your hair color! cateodata imi doresc sa am si eu tenul deschis si parul meu sa fie roscat.
I love your outfit! the shoes:X

www.janetteria.com said...

Gorgeous hair color! I have red head too, but little bit of darker. :)

Happy Sunday, doll!

Laura Tenshi said...

You went to the vintage fair yesterday? I must have missed you. I agree the clothes were amazing, but I only went there to see Yvan. So, no shopping for me. Imi plac f mult pozele si cladirea in care ai pozat.

Anonymous said...

woww you have such a beautiful hair colour!! my bf also have red hair, I love it!! :)

I like a lot your long dress too.

love,
mycherrygum.com

Anaivilo said...

You look so great! I love the shoes and the necklace so much! :D Hope you had a blast there

Ferferi in Paris/Gothenburg said...

The way the sun plays in your hair, it doesnt in mine! You beautiful hair is on fire miss Medusa!

kelsea said...

gorgeous color, and it suits you perfectly. i love your blog's background!! did you draw it?

Ioana Liliana said...

Thank you so much ladies! The hair oes take a lot of work (dying about twice a month plus two color highlights, plus treatments, special hair masks . . . it goes on and on . . ), but yes, it turns out well. In the end :):):)

Oh and I'll reveal my great (and new) photographer in a future post ;)

xx

Laura Tenshi said...

Well I went there just to see Yvan and when he told me Saturday that he was leaving early in the morning the next day, I had no reason to come Sunday. Shopping always does that to us, right? :)) I was going to buy 2 dresses but then I remembered I have to find pink rubber boots and I should save my money for them. Nu stiam ca parul tau necesita atata atentie, dar e de admirat rabdarea ta si rezultatul cu siguranta merita tot efortul. E..poate ne intalnim la un alt eveniment. Acesta era primul la care participam si vreau sa mai fie multe altele pe viitor.

Anonymous said...

Lol I'm not going to talk about your hair since You most likely you're tired of hearing about it :P
But that skirt/dress was a wonderful idea, you aced it! The fabric looks so good on you, and that belt gives you a rustic look.

Sara

http://theredcurry.wordpress.com

original seed said...

oh my good god,how beautiful is your hair

Alexandra said...

haha, sounds cool! kill'em all :)))
da, vbm cu nookie, ne vedem. am zis!

ching said...

your hair..so glossy. wow!

Natasha said...

Beautiful photos! I love your dress xxx

www.fashiondevotion.com

Anonymous said...

Your outfit is so elegant. Girls with red hair are hawt :)

Bright Green Laces

SabinePsynopsis said...

Wonderful shots, Ioana. The light is perfect on your beautiful hair, and the muted colours of your clothes enhance the beauty of everything.

GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

Wow...you are stunning, honey. These are some of your best shots ever. Your hair is amazing! And I just love your nails with the neutrals. And the belt! I could go on and on.

♥ V
http://www.gritandglamour.com
twitter: @gritandglamour

Matthew Spade said...

i know i say it alot but your hair is the perfect colour, i love it! plus that skirt is great on you too

G said...

You hair is amazing. I can only look at it in awe. Wow. And I love the outfit! The colors are very well coordinated :)

-Gayle from www.gayleisvolatile.blogspot.com

GreaseMonkey said...

Question: De unde sau din ce iti scoti bani (din scris pe un blog, ma-ndoiesc) incat sa-ti permiti Louis Vuitton-uri, Vivienne Westwood si alte cele care banuiesc (nu, de fapt stiu sigur) ca nu sunt deloc ieftine si mai ales avand in vedere ca nu pari nici foarte mare ca varsta (nu stiu exact cati ani ai dar, sub 30 esti sigur)?

Am si eu o curiozitate sincera!

Ioana Liliana said...

@GreaseMonkey: Thanks for stopping by! Da, cred ca e evident ca daca fac pentru ceva blogul, acel ceva e placere pura si personala. Iar in legatura cu intrebare, nu consider ca subiectul banilor este potrivit pentru o conversatie.

Insomnia said...

Oh, dear! You have no idea how hard I'm in love with red hair! I always wanted to have a red hair color.
I'll be doing a post about redheads soon, so be sure you'll be one of the headliners ;)

GreaseMonkey said...

@Ioana Liliana Gheorghe: haha, buna asta. Nah, intrebarea era ca sa stim si noi "celelante" care ne-am dori Vuittoane, Channel-uri, s.a.m.d. ce tre sa facem!?!

GreaseMonkey said...

uhh, my comment will be visible after approval.
Ohh, that's cool si asta da de inteles ceva.

Ioana Liliana said...

@GreaseMonkey: da, faptul ca am moderatie la comentarii mai vechi de 5 zile, ca sa pot sa le tin socoteala pentru a avea posibilitatea sa le si raspund ;)

GreaseMonkey said...

I see, that's cool. Oricum esti foarte diplomata ;)

Post a Comment