Lacoste Trench, Dress by Lana
Gucci Shoes, Wolford Tights,
Vintage Traditional Vest, Sticks and Stones Bag
Alexandre de Paris Headband, Swedish Gloves
When we get dressed we don't just cover our bodies, but we express ourselves. When we buy something that we don't need, we buy into a dream. When we crave the items presented on a catwalk we start entering into a realm of magic.
During these past harsh economic times this was somehow forgotten as the runways where mostly minimalist and quite austere. And maybe economically we're still not out of the woods yet. But fashion is blooming again. As Style.com announces: “it's ok to enjoy clothes again”! Starting with the current Autumn/Winter season and continuing with Spring2011 we have lots to enjoy.
While I loved the new silhouette, especially the new 3/4 skirt length, there where two things that I absolutely adored. First there's the intricately manufactured shoes, Nicholas Kirkwood 2011 Rodarte platforms, the YSL Mohawk heels, Alexander McQueen Floral Engraved boots, the embroidered Christopher Kane, the heels on the Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton sandals . . . If these don't make you dream nothing will.
It doesn't stop here, because femininity is all around, and it's written in bold prints. And it's the bold prints that are my second favourite for the Spring season. Although a bit more commercial than its predecessors, Sarah Burton's show was true to the name McQueen, presenting incredibly beautiful feathers and monarch butterflies prints. Peter Dundas brought new glamour to Pucci with Mediterranean inspired prints, and the tropical silk print sari dresses from Lanvin are perfectly transitioning fall's colors into spring.
What can I say, prints make my heart sing, from traditional Romanian prints, as above, to animal print dresses, I just bough the cutest leopard print one! Oh yes, I think my love affair with leopard has only just begun because I saw such a nice pair of leopard peep toe wedges at Very that it would be a shame not to get them. Still, leopard is definitely not the only thing available, so be prepared for a print overload on next season's outfits.
As for this outfit, I took your advice and added even more red into the mix. I've paired the cotton dress printed with traditional motifs made by my friend Lana with a 100 years old vest that I found at an antiques market. And topped everything off with this amazing trapeze shaped red trench. Maybe a bit 'red ridding hood'-y I'll say that, but what's wrong with playing around more and bringing some fairytale magic into our lives? :)
Now go put on something nice and ☆ dream ☆












45 comments:
Just by looking to your photos the dream begins: the clash of print and red. Your colour hair blending with the leaves. wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
I do agree completely about dressing as a way of expression and dreming.
Wonderful inspiring post.
Everyday I am more glad to have found you.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
That dress is wonderful!
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
I have the same opinion..fashion SHOULD be all about fantasy and dreaming, about feeling good with yourself and bring able to display it. I love the return to femininity.
That shade of red is amazing, and the dress is very cute. You're the living proof that red looks good on redheads too, not only on brunettes :P.
S.
Aww, you look so lovely. I totally agree with you, fashion is fun and an escape from everything else!
Also, as if you're coming to London! We definitely have to meet up :)
tweet tweet tweet
x
Ioana, you look so great in these photos! I adore those gloves!! Has Lana started to transform her graduation collection into more....ready-to-wear clothes? I remember seeing them at college, the prints were amazing!
That is one beautiful and the way you photograph is ethereal!
besos,
Win a Yola Couture Designer Dress at:
20 YORK STREET
Un blog cu adevarat special! Me encanta! :D
OMG, U look amazing!!!
I like your heels!!
hope u like my new post!! =)
ME,
i'm really happy with my wardrobe right now, times are tough and i've stopped my buying habits and have been hitting the charity shops for bargain. xmas is coming so everyone else come first. feels good though. nice post!
what a gorgeous coat and gloves combination! i love your makeup and hair choices too! =)
http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/
great outift & great style too.. you were meant to model :P
beautiful dress ♥
The red is fantastic! and the photos came out so well.. p.s love your background!
i'm gonna play up the redthis fall too! it's jusdt so lovely. wish i was a redhead! lucky you:)
Omgosh! So stunning! What beautiful photos.
You look wonderful in those colors. Now I want a red trench too!
You killed me with this one: so beautiful, so very you. I agree with everything you said, I for one buy clothes for more then the functional aspect, I want to express something, to be different every time, to live more lives in a sense. I love prints and I thought Kenzo did a spectacular job this year. The trench is wonderful and I would have loved to see the dress without the trench, maybe next time! Kisses
Beautiful pics as usual. The trench and traditional vest I like the most.
oh ioana beautiful outfit. i love the dress from lana. the print is so nice. i know she is your friend. maybe u can take me to see her stuff when i come next summer. i miss talking to u. been so busy lately and its not stopping. as soon as i have a free day i'll message u for an insiprational chat if u are free K?
xoxo
mina
Love the colours of that outfit!
xoxo
i love your hair, can i say it?????also i fell in love with the trench and i really like the way you matched all the details. really like this!
Little red ridding hood indeed. The color of the trench coat compliments your hair and skin tone. I am also a big fan of feminine garments and I am happy to see how designers brought back the woman on catwalks.
I love the coat... adorable!
Thank you :)
Awesome pictures!
It is very true what you say, I certainly fantasise over YSL mohawk shoes!
oh i love your little bag:)
and the red coat looks good, too:)
nice blog:)
come and visit my blog and follow me if you want:)
it would be nice
http://leasblog1995.blogspot.com/
xx
Hi, first of all, thanks for dropping in and thanks a bunch for leaving a thought.
Your pics, what can I say that has not been said already. Stunning, red is one of my fav colors, so you have done an excellent job.
About Katy Perry, she is a lovely young lady, and my wish for her is loads of happiness and joy.
Love your blog, hope to see you visit again soon.
Have a lovely day.
Colin.
The colours in your outfit and your beautiful hair make me smile. You are gorgeous. xxx
Hi my dear-thats such a gorgeous outfit, I do love your dress and vest, they are just lovely! thanks for stopping by too! xx
I just love the dress! iar rosul te prinde de minune!
am uitat sa scriu ca-mi plac foarte mult printurile dar nu pot sa sufar "animal-print-urile":P
Wow! This is such a bright outfit. It's nice to see people wearing bright colors during cold weather. It makes me feel warmer :)
you're so pretty! i wish i could put an outfit together like that...
i love your red trench! you look pretty here :)
great outfit!!!
please, visit me at this link
www.1cenicientamoderna.blogspot.com
because you wrote me at www.1moderncinderella.blogspot.com, but it isn´t updated, xxx
www.1cenicientamoderna.blogspot.com
Thank you so much for your super sweet comment on my blog today..you are gorgeous!!
Enter my Fab Tulle Giveaway♥
lovely girl!! now i follow you!! kisses from Celita!!
Hi!I love this post and your blog!
my name's Martina and I come from Italy...I would like you visit my fashion blog and if you like it...follow me! I wait you and your tips! kiss kiss =D
marti
Hello! What a pretty blog. I love all your 'attention to detail' shots and colour coordination. Beautiful x
http://baroqueboudoir.blogspot.com/
Amazing outfit and you look so gorgeous! I want to have your hair color, it´s stunning!
xoxo from Hannie
You look great! I love your bag :)
That GOOD GOOD Blog
Beautiful outfit, beautiful photos, it warms automn !
http://selenite.weebly.com/
i love this look so much! the red is so vibrant! &the dress is very, very beautiful!
kisses from http://www.sweetfancytreat.com/
You looks so lovely ! I am your new reader ! I love the style of your blog, amazing ! :)
love the coat!
Missy
Blending Style, Beauty and Fashion
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com
Love that coat!
Post a Comment