Friday, December 10, 2010

La vie en rose


Geoffrey Chaucer would say 'And she was fair as is the rose in May.' Well May could be traditionally known as the month of roses, yet any month is perfect for seeing the world through pink tinted glasses.

Thus even though it's December it is in rosy hues that I see the world in, and so my wardrobe is blooming with ultra feminine items and soft, cosy fabrics, courtesy of the latest London shopping spree. However it is the French romantic femininity and Parisian flair that have inspired me this time; a silky pink cardigan, a wide headband made out of chiffon roses, a soft ample leather skirt, and high heel mary janes. And let us not forget about such details as sequin covered pockets, bow print tights and pockets on the skirt. Oh I could go on forever.

Still the Parisian inspiration can only be taken so far, because what you are seeing is not a French bob, but my hair as you know it, only straightened and tucked in at the back. I'm sure you already know how damaging straightening can be without proper after care and most importantly without an excellent straightener.

However what you might have not known is what I've recently learned: there are people who make and sell fake straighteners! Fake bags, fake prints, fake glasses this was all common knowledge. Yet fake straighteners! Here's one more thing to worry about!

Remember I talked about my love for ghd in a post before? Just to see how serious they are about their work, they have a special section that lets you see if your ghdretailer is a respected one or not, just check it out here http://bewareoffakes.ghdhair.com/ . Because if there's one thing worst that a fake bag that's a fake straightener. A fake bag can be discarded, but a fake straightener will make you want to discard your own hair. And there's no worst accessory other than damaged hair.

But we are looking at the pink side of life  today, so let's just hope none of us have to come to that. Now, let's go and dream :)

H&M Headband and Cardigan,
Topshop Skirt and Shoes,
Tabio Tights

33 comments:

SabinePsynopsis said...

Such beautiful pictures! Rosé goes wonderfully with your hair colour, Ioana.

Denisa L said...

buy a fake straightner and you'll end up with no hair:)))))
ohh well, love love the pictures, you're whimsical!

Anaivilo said...

Omg, that headband is to die for! I love it's details and the softness. Very romantic. You are such a pretty figure here. So feminine :D

colorsdiary said...

i totally love your pink soft attitude!
and that makeup, as french people say: ohlalala :)


denise

Sherin said...

You have a perfect Parisian look here. All the romantic/pastel colours look so pretty on you. I absolutely love your shoes!

Oh no: I can't believe they have fake ghd's. I love my ghds so much. It's such a shame fake ones exist.

The Hearabouts said...

I see the world in soft, rosy shades 'cause I wear my pink tinted glasses all the time :P. Or at least I try..

The make-up's perfect, totally the kind I love. The skirt's really nice and the shoes are amazing. And the last pic in the triptych is sososo cute.

Tu es très jolie, comme une vraie parisienne :).

Bisous,
S.

Unknown said...

Wonderful!

http://vicissitudinilombarde.blogspot.com/

Laura Tenshi said...

I am so sensitive these days every time I hear the word "straightener". I've used mine for a year or so and my hair was really damaged, had to stop using it in order to save my hair. Oh, the horror...
Anyway, love the color combination of your outfit and those shoes are so pretty and feminine.
Very Parisian chic.

Amber Lucas A Mused Blog said...

What a beautiful blog you have! I love it!!

Amber
ambersmouthwash

Ramona said...

So lovely , sweet, girly, romantic vibes. I love Parisian inspired looks. You look pretty!
Most of all love your cute tights and shoes, omg, shoes!

xo Ra

Anonymous said...

You make paleness look so lovely...

ashley mcconnell said...

I love the mood of these images. And that last one...wow...just beautiful

x

Marella said...

I love your outfit and this pics are amazing!

classiq said...

I have straight hair and I like it this way (although there were times when I was longing for wavy hair), so no worries there. I love the softly pleated leather skirt and the dusted pink cardigan.

Jan said...

Ah thanks for your lovely comment!
&I love those shoes!

Anonymous said...

wow your photos are amazing...your blog post was very good quality...and i love how in depth everything is... and your style is impeccable too

vdcouture said...

gorgeous chic fabulous <3

vdcouture

Sanny said...

First of all, you are so pretty and I love your outfit and accessories! And secondly, the design of your blog is just too adorable!

Have a gratifying day! (:

Sanny's Head to Heart

Vertiginoso said...

Mmh And this pastel silhouette (exquisitely) achieves to prove us that THE Fashionista's "girly soul" (insolently) is dedicated to dazzle far beyond any kind of seasonal vagaries Dear !!!

à Bientôt, Antoine

Alaina said...

I just discovered your site today.

This is possibly the most beautiful photoshoot I've ever seen. Seriously. I am so darn inspired. Thank you.

VertAnge said...

A pale pink dream on a winter morning...lovely!

Aki No Yuutsu said...

Awesome photos!!!

www.janetteria.com said...

Lovely cardi!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Anonymous said...

You look so pretty!!! I love your shoes and the color combination
<3
http://reserveradefashion.blogspot.com

Anna said...

this is so dreamy I have no words:X:X:X

Unknown said...

You captured both the prettyness and sadness in pale pink<3
+ lots of compliments to the photographer;)

Anonymous said...

your photos and blogpost are so perfect!! LOVE what you wrote and love your pictures!! definitely putting this one in my blogroll :)

Paige Rhianne said...

These photos are so pretty, and natural.
I love the tights and the nude colours

http://www.gingerrsnap.blogspot.com/

For every Lady Goodman. said...

really really cute shoes

peindrelalumiere.blogspot.com

Insomnia said...

Though I don't have a lot of soft pastel items, I love the style and love to see u wear it! Can't stop to fall in love with each of your posts!

Rebecca said...

you can get fake everything... it's so worrying! love the location of these photos. xo

ps, i'm having a christmas jumper giveaway (:

Anonymous said...

It was a very very well written post and on a very important topic. Thank you for letting us know. I for one did not know that there can be fakes of Brand name straighteners like GHD. I'll be more careful from now on.

Look forward to hearing from you

Love

Tashrin from Toronto, Canada

Heather Fonseca said...

Your outfit is adorable. I especially like the color combination with that unexpected punctuation of black lace tights. Really lovely as usual!

Love,
Heather
http://heathersdesignblog.com/

Post a Comment