Darlings, we are here, the third and last post on the wonderful new additions to my wardrobe. And I must have been really good this past year, since my mom's Christmas present for me was an amazing vintage Christian Dior evening jacket! Really now, what is better than vintage french high fashion? Well I for one, and for once, was speechless, so I gathered a few inspirational quotes from the couturier himself . .
- Simplicity, good taste and grooming are the three fundamentals of good dressing and these do not cost money.
- I will only say now that elegance must be the right combination of distinction, naturalness, care and simplicity. Outside this, believe me, there is no elegance. Only pretension.
- Elegance is not dependent on money. Of the four things I have mentioned above, the most important of all is care. Care in choosing your clothes. Care in wearing them. Care in keeping them.
- I have designed flower women.
Christian Dior Vintage Velvet Jacket
Kenneth Jay Lane Crystal Heart Necklace
Vogue Paris December/January






25 comments:
To me this is velvet perfection. Yes to the crazy buttons!
Dream Size Zero
Love it! And looove the necklace as well, so classy! :)
hmmm...great gift ! beautiful velvet !
What a beautiful present from your Mum. You will wear it forever. xx Comtesse xx
Fantastic!!1 You are a lucky girl. I would love to see you wearing it soooooooooo very much.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
wow! lucky You!! :)
it's amazing!
Beautiful ! I'm sure you'll create amazing outfits with this jacket !
http://selenite.weebly.com/
Oh, sigh* your gifts make me dream away...
What a wonderful jacket, it still looks new.
My God, this is beautiful!
And the quotes represent great guidelines!
♥ S.
GOSH! your so lucky you have managed to score that.. Enjoy wearing it kidd.
That jacket looks beautiful! Lovely quotes too!
http://haveyoueverfalleninlove.blogspot.com/
You must have been very nice in 2010. :)
That is a lovely gift. A nice velvet piece
OMG that is amazing! I cannot wait to see it on you. Not to mention that I am crazy about velvet. :D
Amazing!! So beautiful
xx
Andy
I have always harboured a secret fascination for a perfect black velvet jacket.......and you got one from Dior. That is like a dream come true. You are truly a lucky girl. :)
Look forward to hearing from you
Love
Tashrin from Canada
Such a beautiful jacket, you're very lucky x
I look forward to seeing you IN this!
Beautiful jacket, and beautiful quotes!
i'm OBSESSED with velvet
and LOVE black velvet too! Dior = PERFECTIOn!
xx.M
www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com
lucky girl! that is a gorgeous jacket
Wow! How amazing is your mom?! Thanks for stopping by my blog last week. I'm following you now. :)
xo,
nicolette
http://www.simplycolette.blogspot.com
http://www.photographygetaways.com
WOW that jacket is absolutely gorgeous. i must admit i'm totally green with envy right now! lol
thank you so much for the visit!
xo denj
The jacket looks so pretty. The velvet looks great on it And thanks for the Dior quotes. They're really inspirational.
Stunning pictures, LOVE your style.
Thanks for the lovely comment!
XXASAB
http://angelaseeangelablog.wordpress.com/first-designs-of-2011/
Post a Comment