Thursday, February 24, 2011

Heart II Heart

steed_lord_fashezine_turban_0

You've often asked me where my inspiration comes from, 

and just as often I say that I am inspired by all sorts of things, even the most unlikely ones. 

Yet there are times when something is so obviously stimulating and impressing that it naturally 

becomes a source of inspiration. This is one of those times because the Icelandic band Steed Lord 

is obviously inspirational. A 100% DIY project, music, art, fashion, graphic design, 

experimental filmmaking, amazing live performances, a collaboration with H&M 

are just a few of the words I could use to describe this extraordinary band 

born in Iceland.

Lately, Kali, Mega, and Demo collaborated with choreographer Sonya Tayeh 

and the result is an amazing music and art video for the band's single 

'123 If You Want Me' of their new album

'Heart II Heart'.

How could you not be inspired by their quirky and unique style? Tribal prints, 

lamé, 80s colors, classic retro tattoos, pink wigs, black lace, gold masks, 

oversized jewelry, glitter shoes, I could go on forever. 

But focus I must, so I chose one of the key looks of the video: 

colorful turban + statement earrings 

(which by the way only made me realize just how many more earrings I need :) 

So don't be afraid to make a turban out of any large scarf, go big on the earrings 

and go make a statement. 

The Steed Lord way!

steed_lord_fashezine_turban_1
steed_lord_fashezine_turban_2small
steed_lord_fashezine_turban_3

So . . how much did you love it? And what inspired YOU?

xx

37 comments:

Inge said...

<3 it!!!! culture inspires me most ...in any way ;)

Alice in vintageland said...

Holly Molly! Music inspires me the most as well, I write my best shit while listening to a great song!:))) You look stunning - I'm crazy about the turban-statement earrings duo. The pictures are beautiful. :))))

vdcouture said...

the first set <3

vdcouture

Anaivilo said...

Oh wow, I loved the clothes and colors and makeup in this video, allthough I don't usually listen to other stuff than rock, but this indeed is inspirational. There was a time when Gwen Stefani inspired me, with all her crazy harajuku dresses, I would really love to dress like that in Japan.
You really pulled of those turban and you look fabulous!

Unknown said...

that first set looks amazing!

Sunshine Sarah said...

Love love love! ;)

Christine (Fash n Chips) said...

I find inspiration in anything really! Not anything specific.

Those dangling earrings in the first pic are amazing <3

x Christine
Fanciful Vision

kiran sawhney said...

Your post has inspired me. Will try this look.

Unknown said...

So fascinating <3
love these portraits!

amalie said...

gorgeous! love the hairbands.
x

Jessica said...

Absolutely beautiful. And the earrings are so lovely.

Stilistele said...

I am in love with turbans, I would wear them all the time!! and they look gorg on you! the first look with those huge earings is really inspiring!

ashley nicole catherine said...

those earrings are killer!

thanks for stopping by my blog! yours is great - now following :)

xo.ashley

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

Damn, those outfits rock! Way too over the top for me but I enjoyed watching the video :) I mostly get insired by people I see on the streets, or girls at school. I can enjoy looking at extravagant styles, but I myself am rather basic, maybe I'd even dare to use the word 'boring'. x

www.janetteria.com said...

So cooool, U are one of my favourites bloggers. ;-)

Have a lovely day, Ioana!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

oh, and before I forget again, I want to compliment you on ypur English. I somewhere read that you were from eastern europe (correct me if I'm wrong) and you write in English so well :) as we in belgium say: Chapeau! (wich is actually French for 'hat', so dunno why we say that) x

Insomnia said...

Inspiration comes from every corner, it's just needs to be noticed in time!
U look so wonderful with a turban, I don't know if I'd dare to wear one. Well, maybe if it's black :)

Join my giveaway @ http://in-so-mnia.blogspot.com/2011/02/kiss-diss-giveaway.html

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! Your so beautiful.

colorsdiary said...

i saw colors in SL, i am happy :)


would try one of those turban, the first is my fav.

Anonymous said...

i love your lip color!

thestyle-child.blogspot.com

B the mermaid said...

your make-up is immpeccable. love your hair wrap and bang too. thx for the comment.

mermaidnotebook.blogspot.com

Cailin´s Place said...

Great photos!!!Kisses!

mispapelicos said...

YOU inspire me every time my dear friend.
Much love and lots of besos.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

HiFashion said...

You look so pretty. Love those earrings. The band looks and sounds great. Her earrings look so good and I love the pink wigs!

Alina Tanasa said...

you are incredible!!! moreeeee than absolutely fabulous!!! i just loveeeee you!!!:***

beryl said...

i love these photos of you! what inspires me is music and certain cities

xoxo,
welcometodeutschland.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

so u'll fall in love with this!!!!

http://nuname.wordpress.com/2011/02/15/sorteemos-amor-la-dulzura-de-mariona-gen/

amazing hair complement! beliveme!

great blog!

Gabrielle - I LIKE IT FAST said...

looking lovely, miss!
xx
ilikeitfast.blogspot.com

Tabatha said...

Stunning! Your blog is really amazing & you look gorgeous :-)
I'm inspired by music, too, but often I can't say where my inspiration comes from - it just happens *lol*

Would you mind visiting my blog? Follow eachother if you like?
http://tabathasrefugium-tabatha.blogspot.com/

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

What cool photos- I love to find inspiration in nature- and blogs!

out of order said...

I looooove your look!

Veronika Novotny said...

Beautiful! Music and fashion, definitely go hand in hand form me and you look beautiful, love the look! xx veronika

Violet E. said...

lovely :)

Nuria Luis said...

You have a really nice blog, love your header, did you draw it?

enamodeuse.blogspot.com

Aissata said...

THIS IS SO AMAZING. LOVE IT ALL

http://vernisaongle.blogspot.com

LittleMissLee said...

I love her style fantastic - loving the big earrings!

Thanks for your comments

http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/

xxx

Matthew Spade said...

you did it pretty well!

Post a Comment