
Do you know the feeling you get when you have a song stuck in your head
and you can't really remember what song, but you can't seem
to shake the tune either?
Most of the times it's one of those dreadful repetative tunes that you wish would have never
made their way into your brain. But there are time, if scarce, when the song
that you can't help but hum does one of the most simple
and natural things: it brings a smile to your face.
It was one of these tunes that I've been humming all day. And even if all I could distinguish
between the blurry lyrics was "hair" and "flowers" it put me in the most
wonderful of moods.
So I just went with it, followed the tune and took in the inspiration. Still, no amount
of dancing around the house and flowers pinned in my hair did the trick in
of dancing around the house and flowers pinned in my hair did the trick in
helping me identify the song. It was only when I gave up and
started writting this post that I found myself singing
the entire song.
Just to show that some things really do happen only when they're supposed to :)







Dulapul Bunicii Oversized Hair Flower
(do check out their Giveaway!)
Asos Flower Print Top & Flapper Hat
H&M Blush Flower
Oh I'm so happy about Spring!
And what better way to start the Spring season than with a utterly creative contest?
Show your Window Display abilities by building a moodboard inspired by the 70s,
Then submit its photo at Foto Tabu, between 22.03.2011-4.04.2011.
Do to location of said contest the following section is exclusively
for those who would be able to attend an event in Bucharest.
for those who would be able to attend an event in Bucharest.
Yet I hope everyone will enjoy the window display inspiration, as photographed by me
from the pages of Window Display - New Visual Merchandising,
by Tony Morgan
![]() |
| Cover photograph by Andrew Meredith |
![]() |
| Floral abundance at Marc Jacobs New York |
![]() |
| Rebel against the norm like Agent Provocateur London |
![]() |
| this is one way of saying that it's time for Matthew Williamson |
![]() |
| Moschino's army of ants window is appropriately called "Carried Away" |
![]() |
| Viktor & Rolf take a traditional room and turn it upside down for Selfridges |
![]() |
| Time stands still for On Pedder as playing cards and shoes remain suspended in the air |
![]() |
| Topshop is quirky and still stylish in its superhero outfit |
![]() |
| the classic color wheel can do wonders if used correctly, as Topshop again proves. |
![]() | ||||
| And Bergdorf Goodman New York create yet another outstanding and theatrical window. |
Speaking of Bergdorf Goodman, if you fancy seeing more of their amazing work,
for those of you who haven't already, check out the window display photos
from my last trip to New York.
Hope these are all inspirational And I'm looking forward to seeing your creations!













45 comments:
Lovely post! I can't wait 'till it's summer either!
I really like your blog, I'm following you now, maybe you will visit and follow me back?
xoxo
lovely post I adore your headband :) it's very eyecatching/dramatic, yet romantic and sweet. It's suits you very well, love how you worked it into your braid ^^ The windowpictures are a very inspirational mixture, I only realised after seeing these that there is actually a form of art in shopwindows... i love this post :) enjoy your week! x
OMG! You're epic, Ioana! The gif is the most adorable thing ever, it goes straight to my tumblr page (just so you know:))))). And the huge flower headbands I made is so YOU, you look incredibly beautiful. I love, love,love your blog, the content and photos could easily go in every "high end" magazine out there. Kisses:)
You are really really really adorable.
Amber Lena Fashion Bargainista.com
outfits FOR SALE from $10!
thanks for the comment on my blog ! your blog is great ! i really love this post , you suit the flowers in your hair
why dont you enter my Topshop Unique SS11 giveaway you have nothing to lose
http://myheadandwardrobe.blogspot.com/
It's spring, so.. flowers,flowers,flowers! :D
http://fehmoda.blogspot.com/
Love the flower! Your sweater top is so lovely too! Keep it glam doll! xo
Gorgeous! I love your floral head pieces and the floral top... and those window displays...oh, amazing!
I love your florals! And these window displays are gorgeous and VERY inspiring, I wish I lived near Bucharest! Haha ;)
M xo
fabulous visual merchandising displays
I love your gorgeous floral dress and pretty hair accessories! :) So beautiful and so springy!
star-crossed smile
Oh I *adore* the braid with the scarf knotted into it.
Thank you for the giveaway link , I entered .
Your pics are beautiful !
Ohhhh I love this song!!! Thanks for reminding it :)))) You look wonderful!!!
XoXo
Plami
http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/
gorgeous photos, you look so pretty!
haha.. I've had an awful song in my head recently, that Friday one. Oh man..
lovely :) I can already feel spring coming closer watching your photos :*
beautiful as always! love that flower and the way you are wearing it!hugs, Jo
you look so pretty! your eye makeup is to die for and i love that flowery dress you have on!
<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons
OMG! Great post :) Flower is something what I love :) www.dolcegabanka.blogspot.com
woww beautiful lookk!!!!! I love flower!!
What a present you are in every post, ahhhhhhhhh. Flowers in your top and your hair...
Beautiful and inspiring, as ever Ioana.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
What a sunny post! I really love Ur hair! :D
Ęø̵̡Ǫ̵́̄Ę·
You look so beautiful! :)
Your outfit looks SOOO delicious!!! And you look *.* too!!! The flowers, the hat, the dress... :O LOVE!
http://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/
You are adorable!
xx
Adorable! - Love it!
x
Very inspiring!
It looks amazing, the oversized flower is absolutely perfect. I love it with the color of your hair. I also love the combination with the sweater, it looks so adorable and delicate. But is works for you.
I think Bergdorf and saks know how to create a window. Have you seen the windows at Christmas, it looks like a little amusement park. And let’s face it: the more appealing they are, the more we want to buy.
Gorgeous photographs your hair is absolutely stunning.
www.fashionablecollections.blogspot.com
This flower is so beautiful and I love your floral top too!
Peachy! Love the animated gif and the window displays are truly inspring. Can't wait for the outcomes...
i hope in my country mango has decors that amazing too. anyway, you hv a way with words. very beautiful, very touching: been there, done that.
you're an unique person. and have somebody ever told you that you and carey mulligan are kinda lookalike? :)
Gorgeous photos. I love your make up your eyeline is perfect. I am very jealous!
These photos look so modern day Frida Khalo inspired minus the prominent brow. I always have had a fondness for braided up-dos with large flowers. You look absolutely stunning!
Gabrielle
www.thegiftofgab-gabby.blogspot.com
The song stuck in your head thing happens to me ALL the time lol...
Love your looks hun, the flash of red is so striking I freakin' LOVE it! Can't look away :)
Xisses, Onyxsta
http://say-bleurgh.blogspot.com
Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog! :)
Wow, the flowers in your hair look so pretty on you! I also really like how you do your eyeliner. :)
The window displays are gorgeous. I wish more stores would do displays like that, haha.
I'm loving your blog so far, I'm going to follow it. :)
-Evelina
effervescentevelina.blogspot.com
your hair is brilliant! if i could choose what colour hair i have, i'd go for red, it is so beautiful <3
When I'm looking at your pictures the only thing that comes in my mind is that you're perfect! :)
Your hair is gorgeous!I would like to dye my hair like this.Can you please tell me what you use?
those photos are so romantic and sweet! i love flowers and also flowers as hair accessories!
such a cute blog, yes songs get stuck in my head all the time!!! Gorgeous photos, your new follower would love it if you'd like to follow my blg :)
Emma
www.fromcitytocity-emm.blogspot.com
I love your photos, so cute! And thanks for the comment on my blog. Maybe we can follow each other? :)
www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com
Omg, you are so pretty!
The hair colour, with flowers and all, sweetness to the maxx :)
what a lovely post! love your pictures movie, you are too cute x
love your blog !!so many fantastic inspirations:) follow u !
Post a Comment