“Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change a girl's life.”
I'm sure you must have seen this urban saying around the internet, and while I'm sure it was true for Cinderella, I'm not so certain that it can be applied successfully for the rest of us. However, a new pair of shoes do have the magical ability of completely uplifting your spirits. Remember how I once said that I adore the
smell of paper in the morning? Well, I must say that the smell of a brand new pair of shoes is almost just as good. And not just any pair, but a perfect, soft and creamy pair of Foxy sandals by Jeffrey Campbell!
I still recall when I first heard about Jeffrey Campbell and his Litas, sometime last year, and how amazing I thought they looked while still doubting their functionality. They just can't be this tall, and gorgeous, and as comfortable as everybody's saying, can they?! Yes they can!
I resisted ordering them for a long time. I even resisted trying them on when I had the chance. I guess I was just trying to conserve the myth that a beautiful, and especially very tall pair of shoes can also be kind to my feet and practical. Yet last night I could resist no longer thanks to
Diana and
Roxana, the perfectly lovely owners of a charming boutique on the fashionable Avenue Victoria, in Bucharest, called
Chantal.
Last night was a kind of a busy night with events popping up everywhere. And realising that it isn't, yet, physically possible to be in more that one place at the same time, while some decided to attend the opening of the new headquarters of the Romanian art gallery, Artmark,
Medine and I opted for the launch of Jeffrey Cambell in Bucharest. Call us frivolous, but, I tell you, shoes are the new art. So we put our newest shoes on,
Medine in Manoush suede flat booties, and me in the Diane von Furstenberg wedges, and we accepted the invitation of
Cristina Pana, opening our hearts to the possibility of even newer shoes.
Charming company, fresh lemonade, cold martinis, macarons, colourful dresses, and a wall full of Jeffrey Campbell shoes. Now that's what I call a perfect evening :)
 |
| shoes make for pretty window decor |
 |
| the pink Foxys where my first crush, but unfortunately they where also all sold out in my size. |
 |
| "THE" gold glitter Foxy |
 |
| which where tried on and on . . |
 |
| the booties where also present, both brown and beige |
 |
| also black |
 |
| and let's not forget the clothes |
 |
| silk dresses are something I just can't say no to! |
 |
| I really should get this one, no? |
 |
| All in all, a wonderful event and a must go to store, thank you Chantal! |
 |
| how could I have resisted these nude Foxy sandals? :) |
 |
| and how could have DeeDee resisted a new box that makes such alluring rustling sounds? |
Which would you have bought?
And should I get that dress? :)
39 comments:
Those nude colored Foxy platforms that you got are beautiful! And DeeDee is adorable.
www.TheFancyTeacup.com
much love.
The nudes are wonderful. You made a reat choice!
Aura
www.littlebitsoffashion.com
OMG this shoes definatelly would change my life 4ever.. Love JC!
those shoes are incredible! Nice choice. I am eyeing off those booties... but probably mostely just because my feet are cold! :)
Well, glad you love your new shoes. I would've probably got a dress, but I don't like platform shoes. In any case, I also do love the smell of a new pair of shoes.
Enjoy your weekend!
the nude ones you got and the pink ones are adorable! lovelovelove
Anything Jeffrey Campbell designs turns is an love for me! I love the nude ones! So pretty! :)
http://style-love.blogspot.com
Wonderful looking shoes, but I am worry about walking on them, or become an uniform for bloggers, like the Litas, together with macaroons.
Your photos are beyond fabulous, Ioana.
Miss you!
Besos.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Luv those Foxys! they are much prettier than the lita's in my opinion... no doubt these shoes are made for you! x
And beyond this "Glossy Therapy" matter I (especially) vote FOR the uber glitter Ones, their (so appealing) "Fetish Fancyness" vibrancy Dear Ioana . . .
à Bientôt, Antoine
They are PERFECT! <3
xoxo
With every post of yours, I fall more in love with your blog. Such nice pics and what your write- incredible
gorgeous , must have shoes for all fashionistas! stiu de magazinul asta , dar nu am ajuns inca , vreau si eu asa shoes!!!!!!!!pup
Oh, my cat Tigra has the same weakness for boxes and paper bags. Haha!
So trendy and pretty purchase.
♥
xoxo Ra
oh, I wish I was there...an online version of the store would really help...I loooove the pink foxies, maybe they still have it in my size..not so easy to sell 40/41 :*...I hope at least
Love the booties!So trendy!
GORGEOUS!!!
I would have bought exactly the pair you bought although I am despretly looking for the Foxy in a light grey that seems not to want to come back in stock in my size! I too and wanting the Lita's (the grey pair of course) and I just may get them. I just tried them on a few weeks ago and was AMAZED at how comfy they are. Oh, and get the dress!!
www.plentyforpennies.com
Great post! Love your shoes!
omg love all those j.c. shoes!
amazinnnnnnnnnn
great blog dear
rouli
am obsessed with the pink foxys
http://www.mywildmess.com/
Follow my blog with bloglovin
I love Litas!!!
I need to buy a pair!!!
Nice post!!!
http://thefairytalegirl.blogspot.com/
The shoes are amazing! My favorites were the pink and the nude ones. Great purchase!
fashionthroughtravel.blogspot.com
I would have really loved to be there too :( Oh I am sure you had a great time. And I also love the pink Foxy's , they are so romantic and chic:D Great ones you bought, they are very lovely indeed
those shoes are amazing! an you really should get that dress! it suits you! can`t wait to see this shoes matching an outfit!
hugs
ANNA
love the shoes.. and what brand are those dresses? looks amazing
http://polliani.com
:) What an honor to see my name here:):*
I'm so glad you came! Next time we meet we must go dancing or smth like that with the comfortable AND sexy Foxy:)
kissesssssss
www.featherinashoe.blogspot.com
jeffrey campbell is my absolute favourite.. so I am totally jealous right now :)
beautiful shoes!
http://lowri-youcantputyourarmsaroundamemory.blogspot.com/
x
I love the sandals you bought! The pink Foxys are adorable and I totally need some Jeffrey Campbell booties!
Thank you for your support, my dear friend.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
hahaha, my cat does that too, with every new box or wrapping paper :)) amazing creatures :) <3
love ur new foxys. I would have said hi the other day, i was there too, but there was to much of a frenzy around you and I was about to go home. next time :)
xx
I must go there and see those foxy`s! Now you must show us how are you gonna to wear these beauties :D
About that tutu, that you liked on my blog, you can always contact me :)I will be very glad if you`re gonna wear it!!!
Kisses
Veronica
www.vboutique.ro
Jeffrey Campbells - does anything else really matter??? Sigh! Drooling over ALL of those shoes.......I so envy you!
Snt superbi pantofiii...dar nu stiu daca m-as descurca pe ei:))Love it
buna m-am mutat la o noua casa si te invit sa-ti lasi amprenta pe:
http://www.pegas-motorizat.com/
te rog, daca ai vrea sa schimbi si in lista:)
hahahaha, am avut exact acceasi dilema legata de caracterul "user friendly" al acestor minunatii :) ma bucur sa aud ca sunt nu doar purtabili, ci si comfortabili! in curand sper sa ma mandresc si eu cu o pereche!
xoxo,
meelusha
great photos!
i would've capture the pink ones, definitely!
and you should buy each dress you feel it would make yourself feel beautiful.
also DeeDee makes me cry a bit when i see the picture, but i'm glad she's beside you in all pretty matters.
you absolutely made the right decision! The nude pair are gorgeous and so classic! You'll wear them with EVERYTHING! Loving your blog! Following you :)
Post a Comment