
nymph /nɪmf/
–noun
1. one of a numerous class of lesser deities of mythology, conceived of as beautiful maidens inhabiting the sea, rivers, woods, trees, mountains, meadows, etc., and frequently mentioned as attending a superior deity.
2. a beautiful or graceful young woman.
3. a maiden.
Having this in mind, there was no way I could refuse Martha's proposition to be part of her new photographic project entiled 'Nymphette'. Introduced by Vladimir Nabokov in 1955 in his novel Lolita, the term 'Nymphet' was used to define a 'sexually attractive young girl'. Knowing Nabokov's affinity towards butterflies, and other insects, nymphet derived, most probably, from a combination between the general definition of the term and the scientific one, 'the immature form of those insects that do not pass through a pupal stage. Nymphs usually resemble the adults, but are smaller, lack fully developed wings, and are sexually immature'.
Still, no matter what is your definition of choice, we're talking fantasy, ethereal, magical creatures, an enchanted forest and otherworldly places. With the help of the wonderfully talented Anca Macavei, and a lot of assistance from my bf, Tudor, we created magic. Or at least tried to do so :)
The results will be here shortly, but for now here's a bit of a teaser . .













37 comments:
true fantasy, all so fascinating!<3
It looks like an amazing shoot - so much fun!
my Gosh! love the hair, you look lovely!! looking fw to see the pics!
extraordinar de frumos si fara photoshop din ce se vede :)
Love it !
this is unbelievable, i love the first look so so much because it fits your fashion personality so well. thz green looks amazing with your skine tone and hair color. the movement is beyond wordrs. you are like a nimf, no doubt about that
awww.. you look beautiful in both the looks.
You look like a fairy!
http://lifeincurl.blogspot.com
I just adore the idea and each and every shot.
Wonderful, wonderful, IOana.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
wow girl, you make me believe nymphs exist.. you look gorgeous.
xx
Tali for Fetishist's Notes
You look so dreamy and magical, I am loving it..can´t wait to see the whole shoot!
xx
Andy
The Black Label
can`t wait to see more!! your hair is so amazing!
Love the hair and gorgeous shoot!
sounds very promising, love the hairdo!
Cannot wait for more! The photos for now are amazing, I am sure the final result is astonishing! :D
What a beautiful array of colors! Your hairstyle is heavenly and you look magical.
♥, Jamie
www.TheFancyTeacup.com
WOow BUT beyond its various meanings the way you incarnate this multi-faceted notion (obviously) makes blow such a (consensual) wind of Exquisitness, "à fleur de peau" !!! Aesthetic interpretation (intrinsically) made to extol your Botticelli(icious)-like Beauty Dear Ioana . . .
à Bientôt, Antoine
TOLLE BILLDER WOW
i love how beautiful you hair looks!
<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons
you look stunning <3
Love u :X
How beautiful! Loving the idea and execution.
can't wait to see the shoot!
You're so beautiful!!! Can't wait to see the spread!!! Your blog is definitely one of my favorites!
XoXo
Plami
http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/
Beautiful!
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
The images are so beautiful.........& LOVE the hairdo!!!
oh, you most def managed to create something magical there!!! I just can't wait to see the full set of pics, the preview is just amazing! I would say they could add your image next to the nymph definition in the dictionary :)
xoxo,
meelusha
amazing hair baby! woww
I love the idea of this project. can't wait to see the pictures. The backstage ones are a fabulous premise!
xx
http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com/
Trebuie sa-ti faci buton de LOVE! :*
www.featherinashoe.blogspot.com
Multumesc Cristina! O sa am in vedere :p
♥
I love your first hairdo with the white/golden braid - it looks amazing. I can also honestly say Nabokov's Lolita is one of my favourite books ever.I'm excited for the final result!:)
You hair looks amazing. Thanks for mentioning Nabokov! I love Lolita!
www.blackandblondeone.com
I adore your blog!!!! I am a new follower! Visit me too :)
http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/
Though it's not the image I'm used to see u in, I'm very curious to see more!
Salut!
Imi place mult blogul tau, foarte frumos si creativ organizat totul si fotografii superbe! ♥
Ai putea sa imi spui, te rog, ce loc este acela unde esti imbracata in alb, cel cu elemente arhitecturale frumoase?
Merci anticipat!
Buna Andreea,
Iti multumesc mult! Locul este capela familiei Bibescu de la Palatul Mogosoaia.
xx
So yea, I think I'm going to be spending my night scrolling through your blog. I love the combination of fashion and baking, particularly because I love to bake! Awesome stuff and your red hair is gorgeous. I wish I could pull that off
Post a Comment