Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday Breakfast: M&M Cookies with Cofee

M&M cookies, yes! Or bits of sunshine and happiness if you will :)

Since I first found a bunch of recipes for these on that is surely the ultimate food-porn website, TasteSpotting,  I kept making them until I found one with which I'm now really happy. It's basically a version of the recipe found at sophistimom, and it goes like this . .

375gr all-purpose Flour
(I actually ended up using about 400gr, but start with 375 and go from there)
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
3/4 teaspoon Salt
220gr unsalted, room temperature Butter
380gr Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tablespoon pure Vanilla
1 tablespoon Cinnamon
(well, actually I used about 2 or 3, but I'm a cinnamon freak)
1 pack M&M candies
(small or medium depending on how many you want on there)

Pre­heat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
In a bowl sift and mix all dry ingredients (flour, bak­ing pow­der, and salt).
Set aside.
In another bowl, using an elec­tric mixer, cream the butter until smooth and light.
Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until fluffy.
On low speed add the eggs, one by one, then the vanilla.
Gradually add you dry ingredients too. 
Scoop out ball of dough and place them about 5 cm apart on the baking sheet.
Press as many M&M as you can onto your ball of dough, don't worry if they seem too many as they will spread out.
Using a clean glass, flatten each ball slightly with the bottom of tha glass.
Place it on the middle rack of your over and bake for about 12min, until just golden on the edges.
After removing the tray from the oven let that cookies rest for about 5min.
Then transfer to a cooling rack.

 Just perfect for a sweet breakfast on a sunny Sunday morning. 
Serve with coffee with/and/or milk.

Keep these happy cookies covered and they'll be good for at least a week. If there will be any left :)

Enjoy!

ioana_liliana_fashezine

53 comments:

Sans titre said...

Hummm Miam Sweet photos ^^
La Bise

MCH from Paris
www.maevachristahiag.blogspot.com

Arina said...

welcome to the M&M cookies club! :*

A said...

mmm they look so tasty!!

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

OMG they look sooo good! I could kill for a cookie now! I can never make cookies or cakes because I would just eat them all...

Anonymous said...

I want one! love your tea set with the posh sugar cubes :) x

Aura said...

Sweet post! It brought me a smile:)

Aura
www.littlebitsoffashion.com

yiqin; said...

heh i love m&ms <3

Welcome! I'm Alba from Standbyme. This is my personal blog.Thank you for your visit. Love! said...

Precioso el blog y las fotos son geniales
Te sigo, pasate por mi blog si quieres
Un besazo!

Yasmeen said...

:D My boyfriend loves these. I'm an awful baker though. Also, have you ever been on foodporndaily.com? You'll absolute love it. When I'm bored at work or tired of studying I just spend hours on it. Haha! Go go go.


Yasmeen
Castle Fashion

Stilistele said...

they do look delicious!

Unknown said...

mmmm looks like the most delicious breakfast to me!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

so yummy! everytime I ty making these the M&Ms lose their color :( x

The Hearabouts said...

Yum! Haven't baked cookies in a while - i think i associate them with the cold season - but these look summery perfect. And I adore the cake plate with the lid, I really need to find one somewhere :P.

Hugs,
S.

Unknown said...

oh nice post *_*

Andrés Corella said...

Oh damn they look delish! I will definetely try this recipie..I hope they end up looking like that! Btw thanks for adding me to your Fashion Watch list..I really appreciate it, very much!

xx
Andy
The Black Label

Anonymous said...

these look fab! I've seen them around the web but haven't tried the recipe... yet!

Unknown said...

they look so good they look unreal :)

http://www.mywildmess.com/

Follow my blog with bloglovin

Alina said...

Oh, this is absolutely dreamy!They look delicious!

Aquí said...

you have some gorgeous little dishes here! Those cookies look yummy!

Second Breakfast said...

Yum! These look delicious.

Lindsay said...

They look heavenly!

Matthew Spade said...

cookies good, m&m's good, together? excellent combo. thanks for the well wishes

HiFashion said...

I love M&M's so can imagine M&M cookies to be heavenly!!!

ItsNoStress said...

toate postarile tale sunt asa de dragute! iar M&M cookies par delicioase! <3

ItsNoStress said...

I tagged you: http://itsnostress.blogspot.com/2011/07/tagthis-or-that.html <3

MissLauraHueto said...

Sunday breakfasts are the best... *-*

Buky said...

Wanna know my favorite part of the post?
FOOD PORN.
Was so hilarious.
Thanks
xoxo
http://districtoffashion.blogspot.com/

VertAnge said...

It looks delicious! Enjoy Paris!

SoooFashionable said...

Am facut si eu tortulet...Mersi de inspiaratie:))

Estella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Estella said...

thanks for your comment! your blog is great!! follow each other??

The Cat Hag said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. ♥

Your cookies look fantastic, and the photos are super brilliant! :)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

marama said...

They look delicious! Yum!


http://maramasplace.blogspot.com/

dimitri said...

Thanks for you comment, your blog is so nice ! Love your style.
M&Ms cookies, i love it ! I want !

See you soon

Magdalena said...

Thank you so much for your sweet visit!

You have a lovely blog and I am definitely following you!

This cookies look delicious! The coffee set is absolutely gorgeous!

xoxoxo

A Girl En Route said...

amazingly cute!
I adore your tea set

beautybarista.blogspot.com

pintojak said...

I have to try this at home, beautiful shots, thank you for visiting my blog:)

http://mini-lemon.blogspot.com

Essiefashion said...

That looks really yummie :D!!!
xxx

Anonymous said...

Perfect breakfast!

xoxo
Miss Neira

clairounette said...

Les cookies ont vraiment l'air délicieux, ça me donne faim!
Bisous ;)
Claire

Fashionistable said...

Brilliant. I love that this was Sunday breakfast. Xxxx

Borjana said...

Like Alice in Wonderland-adore it!Great pics!
xx
B.
P.S.Following you,dear!

The Key To Chic said...

Yum. Those would not last a week in my house, that's for sure.

Unknown said...

awww this looks so yummy :D
thanks for visiting my blog :)

Dressy Celeb said...

Yummy!! They look very appetizing! :)

Kisses!
♥ Dressy Celeb ♥

noura. said...

this is great :D

AndjelaUndTom said...

Wonderful blog! :)

Follow me if you like my blog and I'll follow you back. :)

WORLD OF PERFECTION

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

Ohh the biscuits look so yummy! My stomach gave a definite rumble!

x
Lost in the Haze

Anonymous said...

Hmm, looks delicious!
xx



http://thecaramelpie.blogspot.com/

Sada said...

YUM! But if i make these, I will eat these...and then my jeans will be tight! LOL. The dishes are gorgeous. Love the photos.
xo
Sada
Dressology HQ

Chicca said...

Yummy,they look delicious!!!I must try this receipe soon!Thanks for sharing!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

Bo3mia said...

One word: yummylicious! I've got to try them! :D

Down This Road said...

yum yum yum!! want them now! xx

http://www.iletaitunefois.com.au/

Post a Comment