
As soon as I woke up this morning I fiddled about in the kitchen trying to decide what to eat. I was uncharacteristically hungry and naturally undecided on what should my breakfast be. After finally, albeit unoriginally, deciding on a piece of Graham toast I then had to decide on the plate, the knife, the napkin . . . The result? It took me about half an hour to arrive at a conclusion and 'prepare' the most plain piece of toast. And then about 2 minutes to actually eat it.
Anyone wondering why I've been talking about my boring breakfast for the last paragraph? Because it is my honest opinion that the many choices that surround us are paralysing our very existence. Our fundamental needs are nowadays far from being basic. Whether you're going out for dinner, or making dinner at home there is a vast choice of restaurants, menus, and even tastes to cater for. The both consumerist and global society we now live in has ensured that you can find shops and/or restaurants that range from American, Greek, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, French, etc on the same block. And if you do decide on going out don't even get me started on getting dressed.
Should I go for a dress, a skirt and a top, a skirt and a blouse, pants and a blouse? Endless questions lead to an endless evening. And it really isn't our fault that our society is as consumerist as they come, yet in the end it's you that will most probably end up going to bed on an empty stomach or on the lonely bag of chips that was left in the kitchen cupboard. Sure not all of us are so incapable on making decisions, and consequently assuming responsibility as I am, yet you cannot deny that these days decisions don't come easy.
However, it is still our society that comes to the rescue, at least in the 'what should I wear department' with an all-in-one choice: jumpsuits! Whatever you call it: jumpsuit, playsuit, romper jumper; and whichever style you go for one shoulder, cut-out shoulder, denim, vintage-y, animal print, embellished, short, long, or cropped, this item remains an easy, comfortable and fashionable choice. Agreed, this is probably not one of the toughest of life's decisions, yet in such a hectic and fast world I'm not one to disregard an easy choice. And you shouldn't either :)
*I'm sure most of you already know 'The paradox of choice' and why more really is less, for does who missed this one in the vast array of books that are out there I recommend it as an excellent and helpful read. And, of course Jonah Lehrer's 'How we decide', better decisions made easy ;)







H&M Jumpsuit / H&M Conscious collection Scallop Blazer
Meli Melo Bracelets made-out-of-a-headband / H&M Seashell Necklace
Marc by Marc Jacobs Bag / Jeffrey Campbell Nude Foxys

53 comments:
Great outfit, you are very beautiful =)
http://maramasplace.blogspot.com/
Such a beautiful look, these colours are made for you!
xxx
Your hair looks absolutely beautiful with the peacock feathers in. You look like a Pre Raphaelite muse.
amazing outfit and your hair are simply gorgeous!!
Great post, you're totally right! I love your romper, in fact the whole outfit!
Great post! I have the same problem with making choices. Out of always being scared not to miss something sometimes I feel like missing it all...
You look great as always! I love the outfit and especially the shoes!
XoXo
Plami
http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/
Gorgeous photos! Your outfit is amazing and your hair is simply perfect!
xo Louisa
http://circasundayafternoon.blogspot.com
You are so beautiful! And the romper was a lovely selection.
♥, Jamie
www.TheFancyTeacup.com
I adore this cute little jumpsuit on you. Good thing you mentioned these all-in-ones..I realised I don't have one in my wardrobe :))...or do I? Gotta check.
Love your hairdo!
S.
I feel your pain!:D
Love the outfit, especially the jumpsuit!:X
love the feathers in your hair :)
<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons
Great outfit. Love your shoes, and really like this jumpsuit, it;s so cute.
I love this outfit, this jumpsuit is amazing. can I ask with what camera and lenses these photos were taken? they re perfect
with love,
http://chocarome.blogspot.com/
You have THEE most beautiful hair darling and I just love those booties. Gorgeous!
*following your blog - would love for you to follow mine*
Eda ♥
arati superb, iar pantofii sunt foarte frumosi! :)
http:// alittlebitofc.blogspot.com
I love the peacock feathers in your hair!
You look fantastic :)
Oh, I have same blazer! :)
Ƹ̵̡Óœ̵̨̄Æ·
Esti foarte faina!
your blog is super simple and good looking :) btw, what lense you use to take all these fab pic? i think your camera is very nice with smooth result. pretty peacock feather and you too!
Gorgeous! Loving the muted and soft colors in these photos! Always loving your eyemakeup!
www.plentyforpennies.com
You are right, choice is really not that great!
I love how you did your hair here! So lovely!
I know exactly what you mean..I spend so many hours thinking about my make-up, outfit, accessories & hair, than actually doing it all... It's a huge waste of my life :))
Love jumspuits & rompers and yours is lovely!:*
I can not make decisions either! And I love your romper, I have a scarf with the same pattern. :)
www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com
Playsuits really are such a versatile item, and your one is gorgeous. I love the light colours. Your shoes look gorgeous as well.
wow i love what you had to say! really interesting.
and your photos are beautiful! in fact, you're beautiful. :) have a lovely day!
xx
You look so lovely in those photos, I love your outfit, especially the shoes :)
I definitely agree with you on the choice front, we have so much choice nowadays that the majority of the time we're going to be disappointed! xx
Sirens and Bells
i have to take notes of the books, as i know them but did not get a chance to read them yet
I totally love this outfit and the text is even better! love your writing ;)
You look fabulous!! I especially love the peacock details in your hair, perfect contrast!
I have a giveaway on my blog, do check it out if you like;)
http://thewonderfashion.blogspot.com
Lovely outfit!
x0x0
BarcelonaBrunettes
www.barcelonabrunettes.com
such a dreamy and endearing look.
and you totally manage to make me crave those perfect heels even more.
xx // themerrimari.blogspot.com
ioana i'm so happy we got to see each other those 2 times while i was in bucharest. it was just like the last time where we discussed anything and everything and time passed so fast. had so much fun! stay in touch!
xoxo
mina
You look positively amazing! I love your style!! :D New follower. :) x
I've read about this quite a bit. Malcolm Gladwell discusses it in a few of his books. I am a total believer. Being overwhelmed by choice is one of the worst events.
I've had a crush on those shoes for awhile!
http://shayyyyy.blogspot.com/
now following!
In sfarsit un blog care le combina pe toate intr-un mod asa de placut.. Imi place mult stilul tau, dar la fel de mult si cum scrii. Am descoperit acest blog din intamplare acum cateva zile si ma bucur ca am facut-o pentru ca din pacate, pana acum, nu am gasit romani care sa combine moda cu scrisul si s-o faca asa frumos. Mult succes in continuare, eu am sa continui sa "rasfoiesc", am ajuns la arhiva din septembrie 2010 si tot imi place ce vad, cu siguranta n-am sa ma opresc.
hello,
cred ca este printre putinele dati cand comentez. de obicei privesc numai imaginile care de cele mai multe ori sunt foarte frumoase.
cumva acum simt nevoia unei ramarci in plus pe langa privirea de rigoare.
inteleg paradoxul alegerii si nehotararea asociata.
cred totusi ca tine insa si de o maturitate a pripriei persoane si de auto cunoastere.
mama imi povestea ca atunci cand ai o suta de mii de lucruri de facut, lucrurile devin mult mai simple; iti faci prioritati, vezi ce e important, ce conteaza mai mult si ce mai putin spre deloc.
inveti ce haine se potrivesc cu ce pantofi, ce machiaj cu ce geanta si iei deciziile mult mai rapid. incredibil, dar le iei si bine.
eu sunt departe, dar lucrez la asta constant. :)
seara buna
Love the outfit!
xo
Alexandra Grecco
lets enjoy our lifes.
You look gorgeous!I like this soft, romantic look!
♥
xoxo Ra
hey you're such a beautiful woman! I love your unique beauty. I love your outfit,I think you're a model,aren't you? Your style,the way you pose, very sophisticated.YOU'RE SO BEAUTIFUL!
Cute cute romper and awesome shoes. I love how you put this look together. I totally have a hard time deciding things practically all the time. I try to just pick and not think about it too much. I'd already learned about the paradox of choice back in a psychology class so it made me feel better about my indecision.
everything looks good on you! ;)
kisses from pepa:X
check out my blog :
http://therubberdoll.com/
This is absolutely beautiful!
love your eyeliner and the blazer :)
So many choices, so little time, I do lose a lot of time making a decision, though never about clothes, that's easy. You look stunning - the peacock feather were created for your hair!:)
Beautiful look. I adore that fabulous dress and those amazing shoes!
thequeenpfwanderlust.blogspot.com
How beautiful, my dear x
your so pretty, I love the shoes
xo Camilla
www.intothefoldfashion.com
What a cute/pretty romper! And love what you've done to your hair.....nice! :)
oh, if i would come down to start to talk about the subject you started in the first part of the post, i think i wouldn't finish until next week and we all could debate long long time, wouldn't we?
so i just resume to say that i love the pictures and i find them a bit different than the last ones, maybe they are just more lighter and normal, but no quite :).
soo cute!! I love what you did with your hair:X
Hi!!
I really love your blog and your style, I follow you :D !!
... maybe if you want, you could visit my blog too ( I hope you like it)
Kisses from México city!
http://modacapitalblog.com
Post a Comment