Saturday, October 1, 2011

Mugler - Paris Fashion Week Spring 2012


Nude and black, shredded trimmings, a multitude of cut-outs, and rhinestone insertions would generally describe Nicola Formichetti's collection for Mugler Spring 2012 at Fashion Week in Paris. The quatity of smoke use should also be mentioned, as it was clearly present that night, and, as it is visible in the pictures too. And, while we know that there's no smoke without fire, I must confess that in this case it was more of a smoke and mirrors situation. And, just as it happened last year, it was Lady Gaga's presence, although this time not in person, that once again stole the night.

With so much skin, although not nipples, and an abounding use of rhinestones on display, Nicole Phelps suggestion that the looks where mostly targeted at "front-row party girls Claire and Virginie Courtin-Clarins, whose family backs the label" (Style.com) might not be far from the truth. Yet, only time will tell where the very promising  Formichetti, plus collaborator Sébastien Peigné, will take the Mugler brand.


Lady Gaga short film for Mugler

"I am a Mugler woman; don't fuck with me. Don't fuck with Mugler. 
Welcome to Paris; we are Paris."


Mugler Spring 2012 - end of show

Nicola Formichetti and Sébastien Peigné
and me after a long day and an animated night

Sandro Dress

Alina Botea Blazer from Molecule F

Wolford Tights

Alexander McQueen Pumps

ioana_liliana_fashezine

28 comments:

stilistele said...

very cool outfit, darling! I find Mugler collection simple, but still dramatic

The Fancy Teacup said...

What a neat collection...and goodness, your d'orsay heels are mesmerizing and beautiful!

♥, Jamie
www.TheFancyTeacup.com

Anonymous said...

I love the garter-esque tendrils hanging down most of the dresses! and your shoes, love em!

XO Sahra
EffortlessCool

Andrea said...

i love mugler!

Andreea said...

Ce diferenta imensa intre colectia asta si Mugler din anii 80, 90... Il preferam pe Thierry de atunci:)
Your shoes are delicious:D

out of order said...

looks soooo cool, thank you so much for sharing, doll! your shoes are freakin' awesome :)


<3Meghan

Anaivilo said...

Ah gorgeous photos! I am sure it was exciting! I wish I could go and see a fashion show like this..

Plami said...

You're so lucky! He's one of my favorite designers! :)

XoXo
Plami

http://www.fashionthrill.com/

Ramona said...

So fabulous!

xoxo Ra

mispapelicos said...

Impresive.
You are doing so well Ioana, and I am soooooooooooooo glad for you, my dear friend.
Besos.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

menina elegante said...

superrrr cool show and collection! Never heard of Mugler, but they look amazing. :) x

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it was exciting! I love your shoes!<3

Selvaggia Capizzi said...

Great show and I love your shoes!

Gabrielle - I LIKE IT FAST said...

WICKED COOL!
xx
I LIKE IT FAST

LocalCeleb said...

Lovely photos and I adore your shoes..thank you for visiting me dear.

http://www.localcelebz.blogspot.com

Vale ♥ said...

Amazing pics, great collection and you looked so chic ! xoxox

Fashion and Cookies

My Twitter

Unknown said...

I love your choice of shoes for this outfit!! The pop of color is fantastic. --Just found your blog so I'd like to say that I love your header image too!


xoxo
http://preponderance-of-fashion.blogspot.com/

colorsdiary said...

love ur outfit!
thanks for sharing with us all the images +movies, they are excellent occasion of seeing what is happening there

Claire said...

those black and yellow shoes are stunning! i love them!

spinning-threads.blogspot.com

Marie said...

Your shoes are great!! I also love all the clothes from the runway!
x

Laura said...

Amazing show !!
i love your outfit, the shoes are great !!
kisses

SabinePsynopsis said...

Already in the 80s there was always this Amazonian quality in a Mugler design... the broad shoulders, the tight skirts. Nicola Formichetti really picks up on this tradition... which I think - even if I'll never be a 'Mugler woman' - is great!
You're looking lovely, Ioana! Hope you are enjoying Paris. xoxo

a m o u r e t t e said...

These are such great photos! (and I love your shoes!)

Fabrizia Spinelli said...

Great fashion show! And fantastic heels! Come and visit my blog, and if you like it, follow me, I'll be waiting for you!

Cosa mi metto???

my thrifty closet said...

very beautiful collection, great picture. I can feel all the action on stage. You look sleek and chic. I like the yellow shoes.

love,mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Style Dilettante said...

Wow! Love the model stampede!!! And, are those Lindsay Wixon's lips? ...your life - too good!

http://www.inherentstylela.com/

Elrese said...

I am so happy you commented on my blog and now I found yours! I am super jealous, I ADORE fashion, but we have nothing as glamorous as this is South-Africa. Love this <3

Pearl said...

How wonderful was the week! It was my first Fashion Week, and it far surpassed my expectations, such energy and inspiration :) Your shoes here are amazing! Also, another Paris note, there is a food/wine event on in Montmartre this weekend that my friends tell me is amazing, you might be interested :)

Post a Comment