Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Little creatures


Sometimes . . .

As childish as it might be, I cannot resist any animal-related jewellery and decorum.
As childish as it might be, I still look at the world and see possibilities.
As childish as it might be, I'm still curious about what surrounds me.
As childish as it might be, a pop-up book just made my night.
As childish as it might be, I'm not above using Alice's Adventures in Wonderland quotes.

This is one of those days.

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” 


Marc by Marc Jacobs Mouses Flats / Vintage Pink Pig Brooch
Mulberry Hedgehog Belt / Generic Owl Earrings
Book: Il était une fois ... by Benjamin Lacombe

Love.

42 comments:

Alina said...

Oh, so cute!Love every single one of these pieces!And I love your posts!

Denisa L said...

the Mj mouse flats are beyond cute!

Anonymous said...

all the pictures are so pretty! and the flats - wow!
p.s. you're never too childish once you're grown up!

marama said...

I love the flats =)

http://maramasplace.blogspot.com/

The Fancy Teacup said...

There's a special place in my heart for animal motifs, too. The mouse ballerinas are darling!

www.TheFancyTeacup.com

Yasmeen said...

The art on this is beautiful. Is it a book? If so, which?


Yasmeen
Castle Fashion

The Hearabouts said...

The pop-up book looks breathtaking! We all love to feel like kids again every now and then :)

Hugs,
S.

Miss Psycho Cat said...

Such a beautiful post and pictures, child in me love this :)

Plami said...

As childish a it might be... it's exactly the same with me :)

XoXo
Plami

http://www.fashionthrill.com/

sasha said...

portretul aduce putin a Stefan Caltia. :) I am Wonderland Alice also, nice to e-meet you :)

colorsdiary said...

awwww you little creature are so lovely as childish as you can be :)

Lizzie said...

Those little mouse flats are possibly thee cutest thing I have ever seen. I love and obsess a little too much over all things animal as well...:)

xo
Lizzie
placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

jozen said...

swoon!!!

love your blog!

Sherin said...

Love these animal pieces!! The owl earrings are so cute.

San said...

Those pictures are truly fantastic. While I can't understand the current fascination with owls, the hedgehog-belt is really neat.

And I'd love to have this card set, where did you get it?

Have a great week.

PS: Childrens Books are the best.

Enchainted said...

Uite cm mă fac pe mine tocmai nişte şoricei să-mi fac curaj să trimit un comentariu :). Ce-şi poate dori un biolog care se ocupă de acest grup de animale şi care nu poartă tocuri decât foarte, foarte rar? Balerinii de mai sus!
Şi da, o porţie de poveşti şi copilărie nu strică niciodată.

O zi frumoasă!

stilistele said...

oh, those darlings! they should look really good in your closet! an outfit coming soon ? :)

Unknown said...

they are so adorable!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Anonymous said...

perfect creatures!<2

ChiChi81 said...

Lovely photographs, dear. And those flats are just fabulous, I love it!

Cheers,

Wi
A Single Girl's Musings

Cristina B said...

Lovely post! As childish as it may be, I am also fed by dreams and shoes, whenever the right ones find me. You seem to be that kind of person too! And still being able to see possibilities in the world around you means that you have -I know this will sound so clicheic, but it's true- the hope and faith necessary to make the best out of those opportunities!

Cheers!
http://www.5inchmemories.com/

Anaivilo said...

Very cute flats and I looove that pop-up book! :X

Catalin said...

Nice pics :)

Iulia Romana said...

Toate aceste acesorii sunt superbe si foarte "tu". Imi place la nebunie cureaua cu micutul arici - un detaliu extrem de bine executat si evidentiat.

Imi plac posturile de genul in care descoperim mici detalii care deobicei ne scapa la un outifit post obisnuit. Dar pe de cealalata parte, nu as spune "nu" la un post cu poze cu tine pe strazile Parisului :)

O saptamana frumoasa iti doresc !

Unknown said...

Hahaha. I love ur blog!
Keep it uppp.
xo.
http://fromhatstoheels.blogspot.com/

Alba said...

Oh my God!!! The flats are so nice :) I love them!!

Visit if you have time ;)

http://voguesweetvogue.blogspot.com/

xo!

Jamie Rose said...

Um, those flats are fantastic! I, too, have a hard time resisting animal jewelry or prints or anything of that sort. One of my favorite rings is a lizard/alligator

Anonymous said...

Beautiful things :) The illustrations are great too, I also collect painted cards/boxes/stories. Alice In Wonderland is one of my favourite books and along with Through The Looking Glass a read which is not at all for children only. Makes new sense for grown-ups :)

Sabine said...

Oh my, the little animals are so pretty! Beautiful photos, Ioana. xoxo

Candypop said...

Lovely shoes and cute lil animals hehe :)

www.candypop-lamour.blogspot.com

Anupriya DG said...

Such cute stuff! <3

Anonymous said...

the flats are so pretty!

fashionableroad.blogspot.com

r.alsharif said...

Beautiful pictures!

Unknown said...

ce draguteii sunt soriceiiiii ! de bufnite nu mai sunt, fiindca sunt slabiciunea mea <3
toodles,
The Indie Chase Blog

Anonymous said...

I have a weakness when it comes to owls, so pretty!

fashionableroad.blogspot.com

margaret cruzemark said...

The pictures are great - the flats are amazing!!!
Kisses and hugs
Miss Margaret Cruzemark
http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Love your blog and your very own style, following of course !

See U

Andrea said...

super cute flats :)

The Platinum Batch said...

those shoes are so great! so vintage looking, like they just came out of a magic jewelry box!

Erin Z said...

Those flats are just too adorable!

http://chimericalperfection.blogspot.com

Carla said...

i love the gold details on the flats and the owls are so cute!!!

misscarlaviolet.blogspot.com

Teddi said...

maybe you are more child like than childish. says the girl who knows she can be both.

Post a Comment