Do you know that your dress looks like a map of New York? he said to me.
I fiddle with my hair, until hesitantly deciding to tuck it away behind my ear with caution. I say nothing.
He looks at me, looks at the dress, and nervously starts clapping his hands.
I mean, I guess that's cool now, not that it wasn't before, he continues. I mean, it's strange, that's all. I mean, not abnormal. Just eccentric, and kinda funny. If you know what it mean. He smiles and looks at me.
I push my hands down the pockets of the dress, trying to reach for my safety cigarette. I always have it handy for these kinds of situations. I imagine taking it out, gently lifting it to my lips, putting my hand down my other pocket, taking out the light, lighting the cigarette, and slowly inhaling. But I never do. I don't see why this time would be any different.
He eventually stops trying to figure out the interworkings of my fabric and looks forward.
We walk like this for an hour, maybe two. I don't know, it could have been one day or five minutes.
I see joggers running past us, couples hugging and kissing on benches, dogs walking proudly on their respective leashes.
I look down at my black shoes and wonder how I am ever going to get this white dust out of them.
We continue to walk forward with no specific direction or plan. It feels like we haven't said anything for weeks.
The last days have been a constant going back and forth between this and that, here and there.
I finally lift my eyes to look at him. Do you want to go to New York? I tentatively ask.
No, he said. I'm very happy just being here with you.
M Missoni Dress
Stella McCartney Bag
YSL Ring
Wolford Tights











50 comments:
reaaaaly love it!
WOow this (wrongly fancy) comparison (perfectly) honors your dress' architectured "unclutteredness", § the chromatic capillary symbiosis achieves to mesmerize I must add Dear Ioana !!!
à Bientôt, Antoine
Love those Miu Mius and the dress :) Very cute outfit. And, I'm curious, do the conversations you post actually happen or is it fictional writing? Just wondering. They're always neat.
Yasmeen
Castle Fashion
The dress works and looks fab. You look very statuesque with the monochromatic look of the tights and the shoes. Handbag is a nice finishing touch.
Oh, lovely story ! ^^
amazing post as always, love the photos and the location!
Hugs,
Costin M. | http://costinm.com
amazing post!<3 love this outfit! the shoes are so gorgeous! the color of the dress is perfect!
<3
Fabulous!Love the dress, the shoes, the story! You re amazing!
Pretty outfit, darling lady!
So beautiful! Tudor is an excellent photographer, but after all is just your sweet self that makes the photo even better♥
Lovely dress, that color is fantastic and the text is really interesting :D Great pictures as always..:X
a dress like this should definitely have a story! really loving the black/orange combination
So retro chic. The dress looks remarkable on you. x
www.TheFancyTeacup.com
wow. LUVS this outfit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You look adorably mod! Love it!
xx
Kat
rebelrousher.blogspot.com
this dress looks amazing on you! :) and goes so prettily with the bag!
xx
love your mustard dress!
<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons
the dress is great!!!
http://clothes-and-fairytales.blogspot.com/
Wonderful dress, shoes and bag.
Always inspiring Ioana.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
your vintage-retro style is perfect
cool look....the opposite colors work so well together! and, they photograph very well!
It does!
> New York
Loving the miu miu shoes and that dress is beautiful on you.
www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.blogspot.com
Eda ♥
The dress and the pumps are lovely.
www.antoniaivana.blogspot.com
Love the shift dress it looks so adorable with your hair and those shoes!
<3
www.candypop-lamour.blogspot.com
you look gorgeous and the pictures are gorgeous. I love your writing.
gorgeous outfit! love your writing style a lot ;)
I love that you are wearing this color! Even if you have red hair, I totally love it!
Go go go!!
:)
xx
Alice
Astept post-urile tale ca paine calda! Daca o sa spun ca imi place outftul sau textul sau ca ai "Ceva" al tau magic stiu ca nu o sa fie de ajuns.
I love that dress! Great color! :)
That's such a cute story! You look great though. It's such a pretty dress.
Beautiful story. And your look is flawless.
Teodora
Teodoraslookbook.com
Absolutely beautiful. I love your blog so much.
www.shannonsometimes.blogspot.com
You are an amazing writer :) And I LOVE that dress :) it was made for only you! x
I so love ur outfit!
eşti aşa de drăguţicăăă, iar pantofii sunt absolut fenomenali!!
toodles,
The Indie Chase Blog
Beautiful post, story, shoes, dress, your hair...really pretty :)
Amazing dress, color is fantastic
I cannot tell you just how much I LOVE your style of writing. Beautiful and imaginative, something to which I can completely relate.
Wonderful outfit and photos too, you look stunning and classic.
The New York dress looks amazing!
You look stunning! The dress is gorgeous! And I love the way you've written the story!
XoXo
Plami
http://www.fashionthrill.com/
that is a STUNNING dress! and your accessories compliment it so well!
XO Sahra
EffortlessCool
Love your dress! The color is perfect!
Nix
Hi :)
Just thought I'd let you know that I'm having a GIVEAWAY on my blog, which you can find here:
http://www.fashion-infatuation.com/2011/11/giveaway-purple-heart-shaped-silver.html
I would love it if you entered it!
xx
Maria from Fashion Infatuation
The pictures are soooo wunderful. Love love love the heels!! xx
Giveaway: Win Nelly Boots
new post: click here
follow me
wow fabulous dress!
It's wonderful to see truly interesting Romanian fashion blogs. If you want to see a good new one, check out http://noirbycorinavladescu.tumblr.com/
The dress is absolutely gorgeous, I love its style <3
http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/
Like your dress! So gorgeous! :)
We'd love to see your outfit on Shupalook.com ;)
The New Yourk Dress is fantastic and beautiful. It is very tempting to see this dress
Post a Comment