I know what you'll say! I know it's Spring, which means Summer is coming, which implies short shorts and bathing suits, and which in turn equals no carbs, no sugar from now until September, at least. So relax, I'm not one to go against social order (most of the time) and to distract anyone from their own body related issues (although I DO believe that everyone's beautiful and we're all made of stars). But . . . I just couldn't help myself. When I have to bake, I have to bake. If I'm angry, I usually do bread or pizza, just something with a dough that requires constant smacking across a hard surface. If I'm happy I simply bake sweets. And lately, I've been really happy :)
I'm wearing a vintage 60's dress that I got in New York from Screaming Mimis, which is actually the second reason behind this post. How can this dress not make you want to bake something and record it for posterity? The red patent shoes are Zara, and the belt is from Musette.
And now for the food. What I decided on was a batch of vanilla cupcakes, that I never did before, but which proved to be quite approachable and doable once I found the right recipe. I followed one from the Joy of Baking, but if you'd rather search for a different one I'd suggest the amazing food porn site that is Taste Spotting.
After pre-heating your oven, you start by putting the ingredients on your working surface and try following you chosen recipe closely. Or as best as you can, should be fine really.
Also, try finding cute/stylish paper cups to line the tray with. It really does make a difference.
And while you wait for these beauties to bake . . .
One should definitely treat herself or himself to a well-deserved cup of tea. Your choice of flavour.
And before you know it, they're done! Just ice them after they cool down and decorate to your liking. I went with strawberries cut in half to keep with the whole red accessories theme. But go wild, creativity has no boundaries!
Hope the recipe is to your liking and, in case you decide to try it, let me know how it turns out. Now, at the suggestion of a dear friend who got a sneak preview of this post, I'm off to see Julie & Julia. Here's to the joys of baking and have a good weekend everyone!







23 comments:
These pictures are super cute, you actually look like a real 60s housewife(not in a bad way!)! I love baking, and its always better when you have an outfit to match :)
Charlyx
http://x-whatiworetoday-x.blogspot.com
om om om ommmmmmm who doesn't look a cake or two? esp with a nice tea. me and my mrs made cheesecake yesterday( well she did most of it really) and it tasted perfect. you look super as always
u totally look like a cute 60's housewife in this dress. i'm not one for baking. i let my sister do that. i will have to ask her to try this recepie. i'll let u know how it goes.
xoxo
mina
Wow, great photoshoot!
I like everything about it! From the kitchen to ur perfect dress (don't forget these muffins)!
Awwww such a cute post! Really sweet, in every manner :)
Sara
http://theredcurry.wordpress.com
Move over, Nigella, here comes Ioana Liliana! Honestly, in this beautiful dress (great find!) you do look like the perfect picture of a domestic goddess. And the cupcakes look delicious!
If you find the time, have a look at my blog this weekend. I'm passing on a (slightly strange) award to you. Too tired to post it right now. Happy weekend to you, too. xx
uhm... breakfast at the sunshine horizon of the sea between 2 cupcakes, dear?
You're just to cute...And you bake - what a nice and unexpected thing. I usually keep clear of the kitchen as I'm known to have started a fire or two (by mistake of course). Love the dress and shoes and belt - everything really!:)
even your kitchen is pretty:)
hope I get me some vanilla cupcakes, yours looks soo yummy!
awww and love te vintage dress and Zara pumps:x
ps:It's hard I know!
si eu mai ma imbrac head to toe de la Zara, dar nu imi iau blugi...ele toate is cu blugi...sper ca stii la ce ma refer:)
aaa si cu geanta a la Chanel si parul perfect indreptat:)
they look yummmy! I will definetly try the recipe.
you look gorgeous and I love the dress!(I`m in love with polka dots:))
So perfectly cute, Ioana! The dress look amazing, it's really gorge! And the cupcakes look divine! ;)
http://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/
Lovely post, lovely dress, lovely kitchen and lovely cakes!
tweet tweet tweet
x
Hi, I'm back to say the 'Plastic Joy Award' is awaiting you (don't ask!). P.S. Yesterday I thought the whole design of your kitchen reminds me so much of... and then I couldn't remember. But now I do: The Wallpaper Magazine. Such a cool mag and cool kitchen!
Lovely dress!
xoxo from Sweden
very cute, i love the pictures
wow..pozele tale zici ca sunt facute dintr-un film..genial..iar rochia ta este asa de draguta..
You're some kind of Super-Woman: beautiful, smart & sexy.
these pictures are genius!
I made a vanilla cake with strawberry jam, fresh strawberries & whipped cream =) will have to post some pictures later on. How are the cupcakes?
xx
This is an amazing post. I really like the story and it is actually like poetry :)
(and the result looks yummmmiii)
*Nathalie
I love those cute photos! Gorgeous.
And those cupcakes look delicious.
Beautiful . . . love the photos.
I just came across your blog, it's lovely!! These photos are great, and the cupcakes look delicious :)
Miss Violet Bell.x
Post a Comment