Saturday, January 1, 2011

What Would I Wear Today

Fendi fall 2010
I've always appreciated people who are naturally gifted. Be it someone with a gift for creating music, drawing, painting, dancing, and so forth, the ability to express yourself adequately and, while doing so, create art has always fascinated me. The fascination is surely explained by the fact that I lack any real talent, although I've searched long and hard for one. Sure I have a way with words, but the moments when words just start flowing through me and onto paper are scarce. More often than not, the act of writing is a continuous search for the right word and the perfect phrase.

Still, one of my new resolutions is to never let not knowing how to do something stop me from actually doing it. Thus, even though I've already said I won't subject anyone else to my drawing skills, or lack of, I've decided to give it another chance. And what do you know? I'm not half bad at illustrating clothing. Yet don't be fooled, as that is the only thing I can put on paper as far as drawing goes.

So with Tudor's help for the head and hands, I'm introducing a new section called 'What Would I Wear Today' showcasing my dream wardrobe. There it is, the explanation for the illustration above. Hope you'll enjoy this new addition to the blog!


P.S. Speaking of resolutions, I'm not as bold as to promise to post daily, yet be prepared for a definite increase in posting rate! :)


16 comments:

denise said...

i do like the new addition to the blog, great decision.

happy new year!

Costin M said...

Haha, I always promise myself to post more often but unfortunately I never find enough time.

Unknown said...

Cool paint!!

http://vicissitudinilombarde.blogspot.com/2011/01/photos-by-marco-cornelli.html

Anaivilo said...

That illustration looks great, and you have such an ambition! That's so good ;)
Happy New Year dear! :D

mispapelicos said...

I am prepare to try new things this year, with the firm believe that if you want to, you can do anything.
Your drawing is fantastic, and the perfect fisrt post of 2011.
Mil besos.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Anonymous said...

i hope u will post something everyday or often! :)

xx

http://shavil.blogspot.com/

www.janetteria.com said...

Happy New Year, my dear!
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

AurėjaFėja said...

Beautiful drawing!
I would like ti wear this too. :)

stop by times
http://aurejafeja-perpetuo.blogspot.com/

Andrés Corella said...

Great illustration I´m looking forward to see more of this! Never give up...remember sky is the limit...and if you can go beyond then what are you waiting for?? ;)

xx
Andy

Cara said...

Wow, it looks great! You are really talented <3.

fashioneggpplant said...

nice illustration! thanks for the comment on my blog, happy new year =)

http://fashioneggplant.blogspot.com

out of order said...

I love what you're doing and am so curious how I could do it, to ;)

happy new year!!

The Hearabouts said...

After reading the first paragraph I thought
.. wow, I'm not the only person who thinks that about herself (and suffers in silence for that matter).

And then what do you do? You say that the outfit is drawn by you? That is certainly NOT a lack of talent.. This means I really am the only one with no real gift.

Joke aside, you must keep it going, because it really looks awesome and it's a great idea!

♥S.

VertAnge said...

That's a very pretty illustration. Just keep drawing...you'll see that hard work can supplement talent so many times.
Happy New Year 2011!

Special Koko said...

it looks beautiful!!! :*:*:*

Politik Fakta said...

Very good drawing, you have talent!

Post a Comment