In French the word Garconne means "boy" but with a feminine suffix, an
understandable choice for the masculine style that was introduced in women's
fashion in the 20s. In English, la garconne was translated as the flapper, "a young
woman, especially one flaunting her unconventional dress and behaviour." (source) It is this
androginous style that stired up controversy and revolutionised fashion in the 20s
that represents today's classic fashion. The simple and unornamented forms in
neutral colors that were born out of the values of modernism, the fight for gender
equality, and the wartime austerity that followed are nowadays the features of
wardrobe basics.
The blazer was introduced in women's fashion in the 1940s, when due to fabric
shortages "men's suits were re-cut into women's suits, complete with the tailored
details and shoulder padding previously found in the garments." (source) After a dramatic
comeback in the 80s the classic blazer lost its appeal in the late 90s, "even though
the shoulder line was softened and narrowed" (source), only to now become a must-have
item once more.
I admit that the classic blazer is one of my favourite wardrobe basics, and thus I
could not resist adding this black wool blazer to my collection. With padded
shoulders, emphasized by side wing-like pieces of fabric, and with a slim line this
was very reminiscent of WWII Lanvin, while still having a very fresh and
contemporary feel.



by Alina Botea

powered by Molecule F
xx





33 comments:
So, so beautiful!!!
Kisses <3
Ioana,you are amazing girl!beautiful shooting,fabulous blazer!!!xoxo
Thank you for the info. Your black blazer is absolutely stunning.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
I`m not really a fan of sharp shouldered blazers, I don`t think they suit me! but you look gorgeous, I love it!!!
hugs
ANNA
great photos as always :) and I love those shoulder pads
your style is awesome! <3
That blazer is beautiful:) Have a lovely day
Kisses
Ps: I am hosting a beautiful GIVEAWAY today! Hope you’ll join in :)
Love the blazer it fits you beautifully!!
xx
Andy
like the blazer!its so cute!!!kisses
www.cailinplace.blogspot.com
you are P E R F E C T!
minunat sacoul...love it :XX
WOow Dear Ioana actually this kind of aesthetics (faultlessly) evokes me THE "neo Femme Fatale as seen by Yves Saint Laurent", (naturally) knowing how to play with male vestiary to better emphasize her sharp Femininity, "l'Elégance exsudant à fleur de peau" . . .
à Bientôt, Antoine
hey hey...te-am descoperit astazi pe un site rus si-mi place mult stilul tau...
aici e un articol despre tine...numai ca in rusa...oricum intra si admira-te))
http://fashiony.ru/page.php?id_n=38446
succes
<3 THE CONTRAST OF YOUR DOLL LOOK WITH THE MATURITY OF THE JACKET. SECOND PICTURE IS ADORE.
XO KCF
You look gorgeous, I love your little eye flicks, rather unusual but delightful.
Hope you're well!
xx
Love your blazer! :)
Kiss
Total black is hot!
marc.
I love the shoulders on the blazer!
hot hot, I love blazers
I love how unique you are !
yes to the basic black blazer <3 you look stunning cherie :*
Super blazerul! It really has a great design and impact! You look great in it ;)
I agree, a black blazer is a classic piece for any girl. I love how you wore this. You look fantastic. Also really love your eye make up
Although your look is the very opposite of androgyny, still this blazer makes u look wonderful. I like the strong shoulders very much!
Your make up is so pretty !
http://selenite.weebly.com/
You are the ultimate style blogger. This blazer is fierce!
www.thegiftofgab-gabby.blogspot.com
U are beautiful!
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
This is insanely sexy.
Loving every bit of this blazer.
OMG, the blazer is amazing, and so are your shoots!!! Fantastic light!
http://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/
that blazer is perfection! great entry =)
pls check out my blog and join my stila giveaway!!! good luck! =)
xoxo,
http://fashioneggplant.blogspot.com
These pictures are stunning
That blazer is such a great piece, perfection
Wow! Interesting makeup, I will try it too. Good ideas :) Besos!!
you re simply fabulous
:*
Post a Comment