“Chanel is composed of only a few elements, white camellias, quilted bags and
Austrian doorman's jackets, pearls, chains, shoes with black toes. I use these
elements like notes to play with.”
Karl Lagerfeld
As the brand Chanel is composed out of a few distinct elements that are representative and timeless,
so should any girl's wardrobe contain certain pieces that are adjusted to her needs, yet still classic.
Authenticity should never be disregarded, that is certain. Nevertheless there are several wardrobe
classics that I see as essential.
The classic black blazer we have already covered, the black pants will feature shortly, as will the
white shirt and the eternal little black dress. Indeed, putting all of these elements together in one and
the same outfit will most probably double your actual age. Yet a balanced combination between such
pieces and more modern, maybe featured in the season's trends, or, dare I say, avant-garde items will
most probably result in an interesting and unique outfit.
Although not everyone might agree, my classic must-haves list contains both sets of pearls and a
maxi skirt. Not meant to be worn together, of course, these two are items that I come back to
again and again.
Maxi dresses and skirts have been “in” for a few seasons now, but regardless, I do still think that
these should be found in any wardrobe and in any season. Whether you're a fan of the maxi look
for casual day or evening, these Very maxi dresses could make an impact. Personally,
I can't stop thinking about the beautiful blue green of this pleated maxi one,
and the amazing tropical colours that this Love Label maxi has.
If bold colours are not your thing just go for a long black lace one and pair it with a short leather
jacket or, as I did, with a boyfriend blazer for that 30s Hollywood glamour. Regardless I think my
point about the necessity of a maxi dress/skirt has been made :)
And pearls . . oh don't even get me started! Just think pretty ballet flats, skinny jeans, a white cotton
tank, a Chanel-esque jacket and the Pont Des Arts in Paris. Just add pearls in your hair
and you have perfection.






Random Satin Ribbon / H&M Pearl Brooch / Avon Cameo Necklace
What about you my lovelies, what do you think is a fashion classic?
xx


41 comments:
Its a beautiful piece and it look so stunning on you:) Have a great day
Kisses
Ps: I’m hosting an EmersonMade GIVEAWAY today! Super cute shirt just in time for spring:)
What a beautiful romantic feeling. the pearls on the hair arrangements make a total difference in the final look.
adorable look.
http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
http://www.filomenascloset.com/
Wow, wow, WOW! What a beautiful headpiece, a most definite show stopper!
xo
F
www.wearitwithflair.blogspot.com
Absolutely beautiful. I love pearls. I always end up buying pearls over other stones. :)
http://the-aili.blogspot.com/
amazing!
Great post!!! I couldn't agree more with you! There are essentials every girl should have in her wardrobe :) And I Adore this hairstyle. It made me feel sorry my hair is short and I cannot style it this way. Love you blog!
XoXo
Plami
http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/
The wardrobe essentials are on spot...and wow..I truly believe now hair has never look more glamourous!
xx
Andy
Omg.. :) The pearls, that black bow and the perfect red hair make for such a beautiful look!
x
i do not agree with the pearl necklace. i think it's far too dated for girls of this century and should left in the past. but they do look lovely in your hair. not sure what i think of the maxi dress/skirt. never saw is as an essential part of anyone's wardrobe but i have nothing against it.
mermaidnotebook.blogspot.com
you are such a beauty! I love those pearls in your hair!!
I too think that maxi dresses or skirts are a basic need:D love them:D
lots of love
ANNA
this is amazing! so so gorgeous, X
OMG gorgeous! You look like a Chanel muse. The pearls are so beautiful in hair..like dewdrops... maybe I'll experiment one day with this :D
You know who's perfect? You are - at least in my eyes! I do agree a maxi dress/skirt is an essential piece, as well as pearls, I do love pearls- they are essential to me.:)Also these pictures are beyond amazing - the contrast between the red hair and the pearls is exquisite!:)
Your hair looks so beautiful that way. I wish I had hair long enough for that. How did you keep it all in place?
And I definitely think a fashion classic would be a simple blazer. I love those...
Yasmeen
Castle Fashion
What a lovely headpiece! Great, creative idea!
this is so pretty, I love your gentle eyeliner!
pretty and very romantic.. sigh~ plus the red hair adds much oomph! very nice:)
Absolutely beautiful and great idea!
I think pearls are an absolute must have as well. They're gorgeous.
I love what you did with the pearls. They look stunning!
did you make this headband yourself? this looks really amazing!! if you bought it from somewhere, please let me know where!!! kisses
Lovely post!
I adore the pearls in your hair. It looks so pretty!
http://understarlitskies.blogspot.com
Beautiful! It looks amazing on you!
In my opinion, wardrobe classics include, as you mentioned too, the blazer, the white (t)shirt, the LBD and I'd have to add... the leather jacket and the perfect pair of jeans. I don't wear jeans as much as I used to, but I still think they're important.
I would have never believed that maxi dresses/skirts would become such a major part of my wardrobe. I used to admire them, but from a safe distance. And look at me now..I can't have enough of them :P.
I completely agree about the pearls as well..they are timeless. I love them as earrings, hair accessories and of course as necklaces - infinite strands of little spherical marvels. And of course I adore your interpretation, it's exquisite.
Hugs,
S.
Beautiful! It's so chic, very chanel.
x
I sooooooo love perls myself...Amazing post!!!
xxx
Angie
P.S:chasingkitesbyangie.blogspot.com
Don't bother to pass by anytime...:)
Your DIY project is AMAZING! So classy and utterly beautiful to look at. You hit the nail on the head with all of your essentials for every female's wardrobe. You give very sound suggestions.
Gabrielle
www.thegiftofgab-gabby.blogspot.com
This looks so effortlessly beautiful. I envy your red hair too! x
This is so feminine, retro and pretty. Looks great on your hot red hair too.
What a pretty blog. Loving your cover photo (looks like a degas painting).
Thanks for visiting my blog.
https://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com
The pearls are indeed a must ! I also agree with the white shirt and the blazer, and when I say that, Ralph Lauren's ladys man comes into my mind... Another timless piece should be a nice cocktail dress , with a beautiful cut like in the 40's or 50's and a chanel bag! xoxo
I love your header and the vintage look of the above photos. Thanks for sharing and drop by me too, soon.
Cheers.
beautiful <3
Looks amazing <3
What do you think about following each other ?
I'd be happy ;)
FashionGirl <3
Fashionstarlet :
www.fashiongirl-fashionstarlet.blogspot.com
You are always a wonderful surprise and a true inspiration to me in every post.
have a great weekend my dear friend.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Such a cute blog here!
Love the red hair and pearl strand with it! :)
absolutely beautiful!
great blog..i follow! follow me back? <3
http://starlightsworld.blogspot.com/
Just..WOW!
P.S: I'm hosting a giveaway. I invite you to enter: http://boheme-fille.blogspot.com/2011/02/giveaway-time.html
Best thing I've seen in days!
And I'm dead jealous of your hair! :(
I wish I was a redhead! But I'm scared to dye it red because it will probably fuck up my hair!
So beautiful. You like a Renaissance painting in these photos!
Mgt x
You are very creative!! It look amazing!! :))
http://truedreamcatcher.blogspot.com
the hair style is beautiful!
thanks for stopping by :)
is that REALLY you natural hair colour? it's stunning!
Post a Comment