
Even after spending all my money on an exquisite lace trimmed silk little black dress, I couldn’t turn and cross the street, but started window gazing at this new store in town. You might say that there is nothing better than a beautifully handmade dress to comfort a lost soul. You would be wrong, as there is nothing better to do, when one has nothing to do with his life, than window shop.
The act of buying is rewarding, but the act of seeing is comforting, and that of wanting hopeful. I am always happy immediately after purchasing something, at that moment nothing seems to give me more joy than to have it and own it as if it was meant for me since the first seconds of its creation.
Yet as we do with people, we tend to forget that the thing beside us in bed, be it person or object has needs and requirements that are independent of our own. And that is usually the moment when we either discard it as a used rag and complain that this is not what we signed up for, or, in those few fortunate cases, learn to live with it and adjust.
Thus for those of us blessed with rich active imagination to see and want is better than to have. Indeed, imagination is better than reality, but there is something more than that. To want is to anticipate, to hope, to be enthusiastic, and more than anything, faithful. To dream that anything and everything is possible . . .
Did I say that I have nothing to do with my life? I must have confused it with “I have everything to do with my life.” We are young, happy, vibrant and free. But more than anything we have the option of choice, and this is when everything starts to look a lot like nothing.
Do you remember when Holly asked Paul if he ever gets the mean reds, that moment when you’re suddenly afraid and you don’t know why? I always get them, morning, afternoon and evening. I mostly get them at night lately, because it is around 3 or 4 a.m that I wake up with the mean reds. I am afraid of choice, of making one choice, any choice, of making it wrong, of making it right, basically of disturbing the fragile, small, but steady universe that I have. To stay, to go, to buy, to forgive and forget, to go on, to stay behind . . . and I wonder why I have the reds in the middle of the night.
That is why, till now, my best cure was window shopping. A beautiful display of a limited number of wonderful things with which I have not been acquainted yet, now that is comforting.
And if you’re window shopping you might as well do it in style. The new store in town that I mentioned before is called Portobello, a part retail store, part tailor’s is a beautiful open space where you can see the seamstress work on you possible future dress. With exclusively natural fabrics, pure silk, cotton, and sometimes wool it is a feast for the senses. And with a subtle and delicate color scheme that includs shades of grey, white&black, nude, and the occasional pop of hot pink or orange it is bound to make your reds disappear.









Comfortably window gazing while eating a heart shaped gingerbread cookie in . .
Day Birger et Mikkelsen Safety Pins Jacket
Zara LBD
Vintage Belt
Thrifted Bag
Wolford Tights
Louis Vuitton Booties


42 comments:
Iti sta foarte bine cu parul prins asa :) Imi place si outfit-ul, un fel de good girl gone bad ;)
adorable! :)
Oh wow, I need to check it out! It looks interesting :D Great photos and you look fabulous! :D
love your jacket..you look lovely :)
http://starlightsworld.blogspot.com/
love portobello & love your style!
xoxo,
meelusha
I loved your story, everything you said was so inspirational. It's true that a purchase can make us happy for a couple of moments before we move on and begin looking for something else to take its place. It's important to remember how much we've wanted a certain item before throwing it out the window. Maybe that's human nature, always in quest of new, shinny objects. That's why we have gold diggers, right?
Window shopping might just be the cure, the shop looks great.
Your booties are so lovely!♥
as i've told u alreadty on fb this post is my favorite. it literally took my breath away. i dont know if its the outfit mixed with the audrey attitutude or the shop's window but it makes me want to jump inside the photo and window shop with u.
xoxo
mina
you are so pretty and your shoes are amazing!!
<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons
I too have the reds in the middle of the night and I agree window shopping it's a great cure:)
You look fabulous!
adorbs! i get really emotional about clothing. once on etsy i went to buy something i had previously looked at and was giddy to buy, but then it was sold. i seriouly choked back tears.
mermaidnotebook.blogspot.com
Thanks a lot for your lovely comment!!!
and congrats for your blog! :)
http://www.accessorizeyouroutfit.blogspot.com/
accessorize your outfit :)
gorgeous outfit, again! lovely store- well, window ;)
I love these shots. But who am I kidding? I LOVE ALL of your photos!
You make window shopping fabulous! Love your outfit
xx
Andy
The Black Label
Such wonderfully written post. Your words are profound. The pictures a s always are very well shot. Who is the handsome photographer who is taking your pictures and standing beside you?
Lovely post, you look amazing!:)
You remind me of Audrey Hepburn when she looked at the windows of Tiffany & Co:) Really nice set of photos!
Kiss
Nicky from Italy
I love your photos, your words and your outfit. You are always an inspiration, my dear Ioana.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
Love your outfit and hair! :)
I know all about the reds, but I definitely try to cure it.
Oh my god you hair color is so gorgeous!!! I am not really sure how I feel about window shopping... sometimes it's fun and fabulous and sometimes it puts me in a bad mood...
What you wrote is so beautiful!!! I really enjoyed reading it! :)))
XoXo
Plami
http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/
adorable post!:)
No comment..ai intotdeauna povesti extraordinare;)
Your jacket is beautiful. and that store looks amazing!
I'm having a $100 dollar Shopbop giftcard GIVEAWAY on my blog! Come check it out :) It's open to international bloggers as well.
Collections Giveaway
Really love that last shot! You look so pretty. I love the orange nail polish as well!
www.plentyforpennies.com
Come enter my skull bracelet giveaway!
your blazer is beautiful!
nice one, i love photos taken in the window reflecting you and the boy
I love UR booties!
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Love your hair do!I sometimes wear my hair like this and my boyfrined says I look like an asian girl :p
I'm so glad you liked the shop! :) I saw the other day some photos on Fb with you wearing the Portobello lbd, it looked really great. Big hug, darling!
Oh, the store looks so beautiful! U would be the perfect model for it!
OH hon, I'm so glad I found your blog! Amazing! J'adore your style, your pics ... PERFECT!
I'm following. x
U look gorgeous love the photos!!! :)
xo Emma
How do you always manage to look so refined and glamorous?! Love love your jacket xx
lovely outfit! love the blazer with those amazing details!
first of all,nice outfit . Really lovely :) And I think that what you're saying about waking up at night with too many choices to make is dreadful. It happens to me too and it's awful , though having choices is good.
alexandra @
shoependant.blogspot.com
I love the photos and your style<3 you've got amazing hair color.
I can't decide whether I love your hair or your boots more- I think your hair :)
I can't believe I overlooked your blog for so much time, it's fabulous! I'm addicted now... I'm so with you on the window shopping, I loved it so much since a little girl, I was even telling my parents that I want to become a Shop Windows Designer when I grow up :D They didn't understand why I have such a strange wish. The first picture is beyond amazing, you should use it somewhere else again for sure. Anyway, love your blog and you're always welcome at ours.. www.fetelespun.ro
xoxo Lili
Everything you wrote here is so true and I know it better than many, I often have the reds and struggle to make the elusive “right” choice. Many call it over thinking; I call it my every day life!!! An then I get the comfort that beautiful things/people have the power to give even if behind a window shop. You’re obviously beautiful and stylish but let me tell that nothing is hotter than being smart - I’m sure you’re getting my point!:)))). Kisses and see ya’ tomorrow!
simply love the last photo <3
*www.abfab-magazine.blogspot.com
I love your jacket..it matches t he vintage sewing machine....both truly gorgeous...lol
Post a Comment