Monday, May 9, 2011

Avanpremiere Fashion Gala

gala_avanpremiere_1

This past Friday, me, the boyfriend, a couple of good friends, and a handful of fashion bloggers 
attended the 8th edition of Avanpremiere Fashion & Lifestyle Gala 
at The National Museum of Contemporary Art.

This edition featured the Fall/Winter 11/12 collections of 9 Romanian designers: Andreea Tincu 
& Sense, Bianca Popp, Anca & Silvia Negulescu, Vika Gorencu, Iris Serban & Christelen B, 
Rhea Costa, and the two debuts of “Rue des Trucs” (Simona Semen & Alina Buzila) 
and Sandra Chira. The shoes were provided by Cristhelen B, Il Passo, Hunter UK, 
and the accessories by Oana Calin, Maria Filipescu and Dana Stefanoiu.

The event really was a lovely excuse to get together and talk Fall fashion trends, new designers, old favourites, and the course of the Romanian Fashion segment in general. Because whether I, and sometimes even we, liked or disliked a collection, the entire event did stir up a long and fruitful conversation. However, as you already know, if I have nothing good to say about something, I'll rather not say anything at all. Thus, bellow you will find only some of my favourites from all the presentations, but if you want to see the entire collections stay tuned to Pret A Protester and check them out there.

Proceed with caution and prepare your browser for a picture heavy post. As always, I hope you enjoy :)


The Backstage

gala_avanpremiere_2
fabric wizardry at Vika Gorencu
gala_avanpremiere_3
a sneak peak at Rue des Trucs
gala_avanpremiere_4
details from Sandra Chira's collection and IL Passo shoes
gala_avanpremiere_5
Bianca Popp's models listening to last minute instructions
gala_avanpremiere_6
and some interesting hairstyle ideas.
gala_avanpremiere_7
warm Fall colors
gala_avanpremiere_8
Cristhelen B shoes before the Iris Serban presentation :)
gala_avanpremiere_9
Medine and I anxiously waiting for the presentations . .

Andreea Tincu

Gothic influences / black / red & white accents / strong shoulders / pointy headgear / 
structured shapes / medieval fonts

gala_avanpremiere_10
gala_avanpremiere_11
gala_avanpremiere_12
gala_avanpremiere_13
gala_avanpremiere_14


Rue des Trucs

beige / dusty rose / horns / enchanted forest / leather /  fluid shapes /

 wide-legged trousers

gala_avanpremiere_15
gala_avanpremiere_16
gala_avanpremiere_17
gala_avanpremiere_18
gala_avanpremiere_19
gala_avanpremiere_20
gala_avanpremiere_21
gala_avanpremiere_22
gala_avanpremiere_23


Anca & Silvia Negulescu

leather / black & gold / structured shapes / intricate details / body-con dresses /

accentuated shoulders

gala_avanpremiere_24
gala_avanpremiere_25
gala_avanpremiere_26
gala_avanpremiere_27
gala_avanpremiere_28


Bianca Popp

eclectic / print mix / fabric bricolage / free spirited / ingenious styling / patchwork /

chiffon skirts / boho / floor-length coats

gala_avanpremiere_29
gala_avanpremiere_30
gala_avanpremiere_31
gala_avanpremiere_32
gala_avanpremiere_33
gala_avanpremiere_34
gala_avanpremiere_35


Vika Gorencu & Accessories by Oana Calin 

delicate yet structured knits / white / greys / nude / emphasized waist / mohair fringe /

paillettes / wood statement necklaces

gala_avanpremiere_36
gala_avanpremiere_37
gala_avanpremiere_38
gala_avanpremiere_39
gala_avanpremiere_40
gala_avanpremiere_41
gala_avanpremiere_42
gala_avanpremiere_43


Iris Serban

gold embroidery / sheer skirts / black & gold / red accents / over-the-knee skirts /

floor-length gowns / precious collars

gala_avanpremiere_44
gala_avanpremiere_45
gala_avanpremiere_46
gala_avanpremiere_47


Did you spot any trends for F/W? And which are your favourites? 

ioana_liliana_fashezine

33 comments:

Cailin´s Place said...

wow!great photos!!!kisses

www.cailinplace.blogspot.com

Sandra said...

Some of the pieces are really gorgeous!

www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

wow amazing pics..love it all!


http://starlightsworld.blogspot.com/

Rebeccak said...

I really love your picks from BIanca Popp - I had never heard of her before - great colours and mixed prints!

Mallory In New York said...

Hey! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog!!

Wow! This looks absolutely amazing, what an amazing experience! The dresses and outfits are so beautiful.. You're so lucky to have attended! :)

http://malloryinnewyork.blogspot.com

meelusha said...

love bianca popp most. I guess, slowly the fashion scene is growing to something spetacular in Romania. the tealnts are out there, they just need the right promotion!
thanks for sharing, would have loved to attend as well.
xoxo,
meelusha

Unknown said...

wow beautiful dress! :)

Raksha Bhandhan said...

All the outfits is so awesome and giving stunning look...Iris Serban gold embroidery / sheer skirts / black & gold i never see before need for good marketing..

Unknown said...

wow this show looks fantastic!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Alice Sidorencu said...

Great post. I love all the collections, they are really good and I think that Avanpremiere and other shows like this one are very helpful for Romanian designers.

The plastic basket is yours??

mispapelicos said...

So pleased to see you in the front row, my dear Ioana.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Andreea said...

ah, I love your pink bag! This is exactly the shopping bag my grandparents used to have when I was little <3<3<3

Anna said...

oh I so wish I was there too! love the pics! can`t wait to see more!

hugs
ANNA

Ioana Liliana said...

Thank you so much girls! It really was a fun night :)

Just one thing, that cute plastic bag is Medine's, and it's from H&M if anyone wants one. My was also from H&M, and I promise to show it to you in the next outfit post!

Beatriz M. said...

wow, I really like some of the pieces! they're great!!
thanks for adding your comment,
love

Fashionable Rose said...

thank you so much for you comment on my blog i was so happy to see that u commented because i love ur blog and style!
thank u for sharing this fashion gala with us! :)

out of order said...

Looks like such a fun, awe-inspiring night! I love love love the peach gauchos with the antlers, and the black dotted grey wool trousers!
You look so pretty <3

Anaivilo said...

Oh gorgeous event! I wish I was there too. I really love Iris's collection and Bianca's and the details from Vicka's collection. I am not a sucker for minimalism though..

erica marie said...

Great photos...this looks exciting.

cristina petre said...

nice photos, seen other, too. and all in all it seemed like a great event, can't believe i missed it. i was actually wondering that day what is that something i can't remember...and i did, the following day :D oh, i need a break:))

Francesca said...

i love the photos of what happens backstage at a runway show. thanks for sharing :D the clothes look amazing. also, if you're interested, feel free to enter my Dior giveaway :) x

Flaviana Boni said...

I love this post!

Check out my new post!
MY BLOG: DRESS UP FOR ARMAGEDDON

Harija said...

Great post!
My Lyfe ; My Story

@MyLyfeMyStory on twitter

noone said...

great coverage and cute pic of you two. I like the last collection the most! I love the flowy ruffle type dresses :D

Sara said...

I love the new look of your blog, the header is precious. Mi-au placut mult de tot Vika, surorile Negulescu si Iris in aceasta ordine.:)

Katie said...

Wow these collections are divine! I especially love Anca & Silvia Negulescu's use of gold and black. :)

my thrifty closet said...

I love the flowy, feminine cut of the Rue Des Trucs and the theatrical and lovely textures of the Bianca Pop collections. So exciting to be attending a fashion show like this. Nice photos!

love~mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Sara said...

I would also wear something from Rue de Trucs in a hearbeat!

colorsdiary said...

I chose my fav: bianca popp

thanks for the pictures and review, great event as you describe it!

Jardin de la Mode said...

Amazing post dear! I love those pictures ♥

Rosy (of Raindrops on Rosy) said...

OH MY GOOD LORD I THINK I JUST OVERDOSED ON AMAZING FASHION! You are sooooo lucky you got to be here. everything looks amazing! lucky lucky lucky!

Ela said...

The Il Paso shoes are to die for and most of the outfits are wonderful!So stylish,so chic!

... said...

I follow you!:)
New Giveaway on my blog by Dolce e Gabbana..
Come on http://selenia-levolchanel.blogspot.com

kiss

Post a Comment