Sunday, August 7, 2011

Breakfast in Bed - Quick Portuguese Tarts

 

The beauty of lazy Sunday mornings when warm and yellow Sun rays peak in from behind the bedroom curtains can only be enhanced by having your breakfast in bed. And if you have someone to prepare and bright it to you, well . . that's only the caramel on the tart :)

And in matters of such great importance, like breakfast in bed, Jamie knows best. I've recently discovered his 30 Minute Meals series and decided to give one of the desserts a try as a breafast treat: Quick Portuguese Tarts. All you need is:
 
1 pack of 375g of puff pastry
125g crème fraîche
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla paste / vanilla extract
5 tablespoons golden caster sugar
     1 orange 
         ground cinnamon 
         plain flour (for dusting) 

Mind you, he says this is for six tarts, yet my puff pastry shell turned out too thick, and I also had some leftover cream, so, with the same quantities, I will do at least eight next time. Because yes, there will most certainly be a next time, as they are delicious!

Now that you have the ingredients, I will leave the actual intructions to the professionals:


and


Serve with freshly squeezed orange juice, a couple of orange wedges, sit back and . . 

Enjoy!


38 comments:

A.little.bit.of.C said...

it looks delicious! :)

stilistele said...

yum yum. you're not bad at all, look how well they turned out!

Matthew Spade said...

the orange juice in the glass bottle is a sweet idea

Cya said...

Would've loved to see you too between those sheets with hair all messed up, cozy sleep wear enjoying the breakfast.G'morning sunshine!

Ester said...

I'm Portuguese so I might be a little biased when saying I love these? (although they're slightly different here!) ahah :D
I hope you like them!

San said...

They look heavenly and your pictures are gorgeous as always.

Have a great new week.

Yajaira said...

delicious

I’m hosting my first GIVEAWAY – if you want to check it out and participate here’s the link
http://yajairasfashionnotes.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-first-giveaway-monet-necklace-and.html

http://yajairasfashionnotes.blogspot.com/
http://eleven23shop.blogspot.com/

Bo3mia said...

Oh, that's lovely! I too am a fan of sunny Sunday mornings and breakfast in bed is the best! :D

The Hearabouts said...

I love Jamie's 30 minute meals, I saw an episode on tv today. The tarts look great..and aren't the coke bottles really versatile? I adore them.

Hugs,
S.

Monroe Steele said...

wow those look delish!

xoxo Monroe

Fashion Steele NYC

Special Koko said...

♥ ♥

The Fancy Teacup said...

Breakfast in bed is sure to brighten any girl's day. The recipe looks delectable.

♥, Jamie
www.TheFancyTeacup.com

Alina said...

It looks delicious!:x

Estella said...

yummy!! they seem very delicious!!

Anonymous said...

yummy yumm and sigh!

CHOCAROME said...

it looks so yummy, I want to eat it right now!

with love,
I have big GIVEAWAY -your participation in it is very important for me!http://chocarome.blogspot.com/

K said...

Oh my god they look so good! xx
Sirens and Bells

E said...

Thanks for sharing, I'm a big fan of breakfast! I've never seen the 30-minute meals so I'm excited to check some of those out :) enjoy the rest of the day!

Ripped Nylon

Tanyabell said...

what pretty pictures :)

oh. and don't forget to change "bright" to "bring"!

Andrés Corella said...

Ohh great recipie looks delicious! I might try it!

xx
Andy
The Black Label

Astrid Anna said...

Hmmm, this even makes me hungry at midnight!!!

Gosia said...

That looks yummy.

Unknown said...

this is how breakfast should be done!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Elizabeth Daisy. said...

Ooo yummy!

Eda ♥

Jane said...

These look so yummy, would be such a nice treat for breakfast!

Caroline said...

Breakfast is my favourite meal and I love them lasting for hours.

Sofia Silva said...

portuguese tarts? that's from my country? :O do you speak any portuguese? i love when i randomly find people who posts something about my culture x) aha looks yummy, by the way!

xoxo * Sofia

Arina said...

as usual...delicious!

Aura said...

mmmm, yummy!

colorsdiary said...

seems like a perfect Sunday breakfast!

Aki No Yuutsu said...

OMG... I'm so hungry!!!

TMRK said...

Hej,
your blog is really great!
I like the pictures.
Check out mine ;)

Dial V for Vintage said...

That looks simply delicious... I'm so hungry right now :D!

Laura said...

These look delicious!

Laura
whitewinters.blogspot.com

My said...

oh, this breakfast looks divine!

Anonymous said...

oh my, wish I could have breakfast in bed. basically, i am thinking of doing it from now on!
your pictures look so artistic and I love the recipes you post :* zeta xx

http://weallheartfashion.blogspot.com/

Stephanie Loudmouth said...

Your photos are beautiful and these look amazing. I also love your blog layout. Pretty!

Jamie Rose said...

This looks so incredibly delicious and amazing!

Post a Comment